Dodge Caliber will be available in close to 100 countries outside North America, which led designers and engineers to consider global market demands when developing this all-new compact car.
In addition to its global powertrain, Dodge Caliber meets safety, feature and convenience standards in markets around the world. To ensure its success in global volume markets, Caliber will launch outside North America with both right- and left-hand models and an available diesel engine. Dodge Caliber also meets and complies with all regulatory requirements, as well as off-set crash tests in Europe and Australia and front-impact compliance for Japan and Australia. Dodge Caliber’s manual and automatic transaxle shifters are packaged in the center stack instead of the floor console, which is more common in Japanese and European markets. The Caliber’s transaxle also has been upgraded to provide excellent shift quality and shift effort that is as smooth as any compact car on the road today.
All 2007 Dodge Caliber models will be available in Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat, Solar Yellow Clear Coat, Sunburst Orange Pearl Coat, Marine Blue Pearl Coat, Steel Blue Metallic Clear Coat, Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Black Clear Coat, Stone White Clear Coat and Light Khaki Metallic Clear Coat (late availability).
All models feature a two-tone interior color theme of dark and lighter shades of Pastel Slate Gray or Pastel Pebble Beige. An optional Sport Appearance Package includes Pastel Slate Gray with red, yellow, orange or blue seat inserts that coordinate with the exterior color, center stack and shifter bezels.
Full model details, specifications and pricing for markets outside North America will be released ahead of the vehicle’s launch in each respective market.
Customer demand for a compact vehicle with a lot of interior flexibility and utility had a big influence on Dodge Caliber’s interior, which provides comfortable seating for the driver and up to four passengers, plus room for gear.
"Dodge Caliber’s spacious interior also is very versatile," said Matt Liddane, Chief Engineer – Dodge Caliber. "We combined style and comfort with innovative features and clever packaging to create a vehicle that gives new meaning to functionality in the compact car market."
Dodge Caliber is chock full of interior features rarely found on entry-level compact vehicles, including:
- Standard side-curtain air bags
- MusicGate Power : An available nine-speaker Boston Acoustics premium sound system with subwoofer includes two articulating speakers packaged in the liftgate. When the liftgate is open, the speakers can swing down to face rearward for tailgating and other activities
- An available dual purpose, self-recharging removable flashlight mounted in the headliner above the cargo area can snap out of the bezel to serve as a flashlight (STX and R/T models)
- Chill Zone: A cooled beverage storage bin can hold up to four 20-oz. bottles or cans (available in air conditioning-equipped models)
- A floor console sliding armrest moves forward 3 inches to accommodate shorter drivers. The armrest lid includes a unique flip pocket for storing a cell phone or an MP3 player
- An available 115-volt outlet in the center console can power small electronics (SXT and R/T models)
- Illuminated front cup holder rings glow blue-green to match other center stack lighting
- Front passenger seat folds forward to create a table-like surface for versatility (SXT and R/T models)
- 60/40 rear seats both fold flat and recline (SXT and R/T models)
- A vinyl load floor in the rear cargo area is both washable and removable
- YES Essentials® fabric: an easy-care, soil-repellant and anti-microbial textile protects seats from stains, odors and discoloration (late availability)