The newly restyled 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T, SXT and SE models - continues the boldly-styled theme of American muscle, with its unique profile, exceptional versatility, HEMI power, fuel-saving cylinder deactivation and rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive performance.
- Restyled 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T continues to defy comparison in the marketplace with functionality, HEMI power and fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS)
- Sophisticated exterior and interior enhancements combined with bold Dodge attitude create a modern Magnum lineup for 2008
Advanced technologies, flexible and functional cargo space and integrated safety and security features combine to provide a powerful, capable family vehicle with the ride and handling of a sports car.
A package unlike any other in the marketplace, the 2008 Dodge Magnum lineup is an evolution of the bold, powerful and street-smart philosophy of the Dodge brand.
2008 Dodge Magnum R/T, SXT and SE
The 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T, SXT and SE charge into the future with a sophistication and refinement noticeable throughout its new bold front exterior design and a brighter, more upscale look and feel to the interior.
"The 2008 Dodge Magnum offers interior and exterior refinements in a boldly-styled package that delivers comfort, functionality and performance," said Tom Loveless, Director – Dodge Marketing and Global Communications. "Dodge Magnum is a one-of-a-kind family transportation vehicle that continues to defy comparison in the marketplace."
Refined Exterior Enhancements
Design changes to the 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T, SXT and SE can be seen in the signature Dodge crosshair front grille which has been lowered and stretched horizontally to create a more aggressive look. Chrome elements added to the front fascia and grille and extra detailing around the fog lamps provide additional interest and refinement to the face of the new Magnum.
The Magnum R/T features optional Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) elements in the headlamps for greater visibility while adding a sophisticated, high-tech look to the exterior.
The hood of 2008 Dodge Magnum models features expressive accent lines that run from the leading edge towards the windshield, highlighting its muscular character and hinting at the power beneath. Optional chrome-clad aluminum wheels and 245/45R20 all-season performance tires contribute to the bold, powerful image that is pure Dodge.
New exterior paint colors include Light Pebble Beige and Titanium.
More Upscale, Bright Interior
The 2008 Dodge Magnum continues to offer a no-nonsense functional interior with well-appointed upgrades including soft-touch surfaces on the arm rests and the top of the center console, a new cruise control stalk and optional LED lighting, which illuminates the cup holders and door-map pockets. Brighter, chromed highlights have been added to the interior cabin of the R/T and SXT models.
The instrument panel has been redesigned to offer a more driver-oriented layout. The clean lines and easy-to-read gauges are highlighted with chrome bezels to deliver additional interest.
Most Powerful Engine Options in its Class
The 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T is equipped with a modern 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine featuring MDS. MDS seamlessly alternates between four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is demanded, increasing fuel economy as much as 20 percent without sacrificing vehicle performance. Drivers may be informed when four-cylinder mode is active by selecting the new fuel-economy display available through the optional Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC).
The 5-7-liter HEMI V-8 engine provides 340 horsepower (254 kW) @ 5000 rpm and 390 lb.-ft. of torque (525 N•m) @ 4000 rpm and offers an EPA fuel economy rating of 17/25 (city/hwy)*.
Also available in the 2008 Dodge Magnum lineup is the 3.5-liter High Output V-6 engine, which provides 250 horsepower (186 kW) @ 6400 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of torque (340 N•m) @ 3800 rpm and a fuel economy rating of 19/27 (city/hwy)*.
In addition, the durable 2.7-liter V-6 engine is offered, providing 190 horsepower (142 kW) @ 6400 rpm and 190 lb.-ft. of torque (258 N•m) @ 4000 rpm and a fuel economy rating of 21/28 (city/hwy)
Fuel economy numbers are based on 2007 EPA figures. Due to changes in EPA requirements, 2008 numbers are not yet determined.
The 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T, SXT and SE models come standard with rear-wheel-drive performance.
- Rear-wheel-drive performance offers the best vehicle balance and handling by separating the steering and acceleration duties
- Available advanced automotive technologies include an Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Brake Assist, all-speed Traction Control System and four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), which combine to enable the rear-wheel-drive Dodge Magnum to perform with all-season confidence
The 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T and SXT also are available with all-wheel drive.
- An all-wheel-drive system adds a front differential and transfer case to provide the best in passenger-car four-season traction
- By driving continuously through all four wheels, the all-wheel-drive system provides excellent cornering balance under all driving conditions, and better traction in snow
Safety and Security
The 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T, SXT and SE all have a full range of available active and passive safety systems. In addition to the accident avoidance features including ESP and Brake Assist, all-speed traction control and ABS that help the driver maintain directional stability, enhance mobility and prevent wheel slip, the Dodge Magnum offers myriad crash protection features. Among the vehicle’s safety equipment are:
- Advanced restraint systems and low-risk deployment air bags
- Crumple zones
- Energy absorbing steering column
- Interior head-impact protection
- Available front and rear side-curtain and front seat-mounted air bags
Available auto-reverse windows, power adjustable pedals, self-sealing tires and tire pressure monitor system additionally provide a total package of engineering and technological advancements designed to protect as well as perform.
Entertainment and Communication Technology
The 2008 Dodge Magnum lineup offers the latest entertainment and communication technology available in the automotive industry while maintaining simplicity, safety, freedom and flexibility.
- UConnect Hands-free Communication System using Bluetooth technology with iPod interface for safer driving habits
- Factory installed SIRIUS Satellite Radio with streaming video option entertains without commercials
- Full-map DVD-based Navigation System using Global Positioning System (GPS) provides easy destination routing
- Rear-seat DVD Video Entertainment System (VES) conveniently located in center console storage bin to provide easy access to rear-seat passengers
The 2008 Dodge Magnum lineup will be built at the Brampton Assembly Plant, Brampton, Ontario (Canada) along with the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300. Production of the 2008 Dodge Magnum begins late summer of 2007 and will arrive at dealerships in the fourth quarter.