Amongst the wide variety of tuner creations that will be unveiled at SEMA, Mopar will be bringing along the Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Ultimate Tow Machine, a custom ride like none other. The customized pick up truck is based on a 2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 Laramie, and will be one of the more functional modified rides at the show. While most aftermarket manufacturers are focusing on hot rod models with increased performance and lower ride heights, the Ultimate Tow Machine is more suited to trailer an array of automobiles to the show than star in it, but after making the drive all the way to Las Vegas, why not park it inside with all the other rides.
The bed mounted gooseneck hitch allows the Dodge 3500 to tow up to 16,450 pounds and carry as much as 5,150 pounds of cargo contained in the box in the back. The Ultima te Tow Vehicle is covered in a Bright White paint job and features a few other creature comforts aimed at making hauling a whole lot easier. For instance the pick up features a Mopar Retractable Bed Step facilitating getting in and out of the back, Uconnect Web from Mopar so that you can stay connected to the 21st century and a set of Mopar Slush Mats to make sure that the dirty work doesn’t make its way into the upholster; because after all that is what this truck is all about.
Full options and prices after the jump.
For the ultimate in towing capability, Mopar accessorized a Bright White 2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 in Laramie trim that offers towing capability of up to 16,450 lbs. and a maximum payload of 5,150 lbs. with the 6.7-liter Cummins Turbo Diesel. Mopar offers the following accessories to deliver the total tow package:
- Gooseneck Hitch installs securely in the pickup bed and handles the toughest towing needs as it is attached to the frame rails. MSRP: $258
- Gooseneck Hitch Install Kit includes frame rail-mounted brackets, cross members and hardware. MSRP: $209
- Running Boards designed by Mopar to fit the unique contours of the Dodge Heavy Duty. Available in black and silver, these rust-proof boards are designed for minimal slippage to make it easy to enter/exit the vehicle and maximize looks. MSRP: $599
- Mopar Retractable Bed Step provides an intermediate platform between the ground and the rear bumper to enable easy step-up on to the tailgate. MSRP: $264
- Heavy-Duty Splash Guards provide maximum lower-body protection with ultra-thick rubber construction that features the Ram’s head logo. MSRP: $40.40
- Uconnect™ Web from Mopar turns this Ram Heavy Duty into a WiFi hotspot, allowing multiple-passenger access to in-vehicle internet connectivity. MSRP: $499
- Mopar Slush Mats feature a deep-groove design in order to keep water, snow and mud from carpeted surfaces. MSRP: $96.15