The new Dodge Dart just debuted at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show and Mopar is already polishing off its tuning accessories for the revived model. Chrysler’s performance arm is offering over 150 accessories for the compact sedan, from exterior and interior add-ons to performance updates, each ready to take full advantage of the Dart’s base look.
The technological add-ons alone are enough to jump on the Mopar bandwagon, with features such as vehicle-information apps, an Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS), and WiTECH leading the pack. There are also a ton of upgrades to buff up the the exterior, including a carbon fiber scooped hood, a chrome aluminum grille, and 18-inch wheels in a unique Mopar design, polished spokes, and black-painted pockets. The rear of the Dart can benefit from a matte black rear deck lid spoiler, a chrome fuel door, and matte black side sills that attach to the side rocker panels for a sportier appearance. The interior can join in on the fun with a new pedal kit and industry-first wireless charging.
Performance is also tackled, but not in a way that will make the Dart street racing worthy. Mopar has provided a performance braking system that consists of upgraded calipers, rotors, and performance pads for increased braking power. This means that the Dodge Dart is still powered by a choice of three engines: a 160 HP 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine, a 160 HP 2.0-liter Tigershark 16-valve engine, and a 184 HP 2.4-liter MultiAir Tigershark engine.
Hit the jump for a select list of Mopar accessories for the Dodge Dart.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
Select List of Accessories
- Performance Styled Hood: Carbon fiber scooped hood, designed to give the vehicle an aggressive and sporty appearance.
- Performance Braking Upgrade: Upgraded calipers, rotors and performance pads provide increased braking power.
- Unique Grille: Chrome aluminum, replaces production grille below the bumper to provide a unique appearance.
- Grille Cross-hatch Insert: Carbon fiber-style finish, attaches to Dodge cross hatch over grille area, perfect for enhancing the “tuner” image.
- 18-inch Wheels: Unique Mopar design, polished spokes and black-painted pockets.
- Rear-air Diffuser: Matte Black, attaches to rear fascia to provide a unique look to the rear of the vehicle. Designed to coordinate with Chin Spoiler.
- Front Fascia Appliqué: Chrome-plated appliqué slides over front/center bumper area to provide a bright front-end appearance.
- Front Chin Spoiler: Matte Black, attaches to front fascia to give more aggressive look to the front end.
- Side Sills: Matte Black, attaches to side rocker panels to provide a sportier appearance. Designed to coordinate with Front Chin Spoiler and Rear-air Diffuser to provide a unique appearance.
- Rear Deck Lid Spoiler: Matte Black, attaches to rear deck lid for a sporty appearance.
- Chrome Fuel Door: Made of chrome aluminum, replaces production fuel door. Coordinates with Chrome Mirror Covers and stainless steel B-pillar appliqué.
- Chrome Mirror Cover: Chrome-plated, replaces production mirror cover.
- B-Pillar Appliqué: Polished stainless steel, attaches to b-pillar area to enhance appearance.
- Pedal Kit: Bright finish, attaches to gas and brake pedals to enhance driver’s foot well appearance.
- Industry-first Wireless Charging: With a higher demand on power from phones and other battery-powered devices, this new wireless charging system allows driver to set electronic devices in a specified charging zone and charge without wires. This is accomplished by creating a virtually invisible charging zone in the vehicle instrument panel or center stack. Energy is then transferred from the charging pad to the device battery, utilizing a compatible device-specific case.
- Industry-first Wi-Fi: Allows owners to utilize electronic devices as far as 150 feet from the vehicle. Each passenger may separately access the Web on the go. In-vehicle router receives 3G broadband Internet, allowing access to social media, maps, e-mail, online games, music and more. Works with Wi-Fi enabled device. Subscription required and sold separately.
- Industry-first Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): Mopar’s system is powered by Guidepoint Systems, the leader in GPS-enabled stolen-vehicle recovery systems. Unlike other vehicle-tracking systems, the Mopar EVTS offers nationwide tracking without a subscription.
For a full list of Mopar accessories, check out the official Mopar website or visit a Chrysler dealer.