The exotic Italian automaker Ferrari has just released a special edition model to commemorate their fifth anniversary doing business in the China with a unique take on the 599 GTB Fiorano with HGTE , because when you are Ferrari you go all out. Not only will future collectors of the 599 examples of the China limited edition Ferrari feel the benefits of the GT car’s 6.0 Liter V12 that makes a screaming 612 HP and 448 lb-ft of torque that rockets the better handling Ferrari from 0 to 60 MPH in only 3.7 seconds. The car also comes complete with goodies like the: F1-Super gearbox, F1-Trac system, enhanced manettino, optimized aerodynamics and of course the even more high performance HGTE suspension setup.
Designed in collaboration with Chinese artisan Lu Hao, the Rosso Fuoco 599 China Limited Edition is painted with a silver roof and is adorned with a plaque that identifies the Ferrari as a China edition. The celebratory 599s are rich with highly detailed touches that celebrate the Asian nation’s culture and history. The numbers on the rev counter have been replaced with their representative symbols in Xiao Zhuan script. Not only does the starter button say the word in the same Chinese script, but it is also made of jade. The decorative green stone dates back thousands of years in Chinese history as not only ornamental but ceremonial as well, this makes the precious stone as valuable to them as items like diamonds and gold play in our lives here in the U.S.
This first celebratory model intended for the Ferraristas of China also comes with its own dedicated luggage to fit in the 599’s tight trunk space. The hand crafted leather baggage is decorated with an embroidered map of the ancient Silk Roads that connected China with Africa and the Mediterranean becoming the old world’s first major commercial route. Perhaps this means that Ferrari is planning another cross country celebration for their new car in which owners can pick up their cars at the factory in Maranello and drive them home using their luggage to guide them, although that would most likely never happen, the 599 GTB China Limited Edition will most certainly be an instant classic.
Press release after the jump.
There are several unique elements that have been exclusively developed by the artist Lu Hao and that blend Chinese traditional elements with the unique passion for special cars of Ferrari.
The Engine Start button used in the China Limited Edition model is made using jade from a renowned Italian jeweler and inscribed with the Chinese characters for “Engine Start” in Xiao Zhuan script. The design softens western speed and energy with the charm of jade, and represents the finishing touch to the artist’s vision. Jade is formed over the course of thousands of years under the influence of mountains and rivers, sun and moon. Ferrari vehicles are created using a similarly painstaking process beginning with a meticulous design and refinement. Cutting edge technology is then used to create exclusive and peerless works of automotive craftsmanship.
The numbers one to ten on the car’s rev counter have been written in Xiao Zhuan Script, which was China’s first standardized script. By making use of Xiao Zhuan Script in the China Limited Edition Model, Ferrari is providing a link to China’s glorious ancient culture. It is a unique and ingenious use of China’s written heritage.
An elegant plaque with the characters for “China” adorns the car’s exterior, commemorating Ferrari’s first limited edition vehicle for China and reflecting Ferrari’s admiration for Chinese culture.
The vehicle includes specially-made, dedicated luggage for the trunk inscribed with the route of the Silk Road, which once ran from western China to Venice, Italy, and is the road that brought Marco Polo to China. The spirit of the Silk Road is embodied in Italian craftsmanship of this car.
Finally, as a unique status symbol, each car will bear a dedicated owner’s plate also engraved in Xiao Zhuan script.
About 599 China Limited Edition with Handling GTE package
The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano is the highest performance V12 berlinetta ever produced at Maranello. The new model boasts the most innovative and technologically advanced features ever used by Ferrari in a mid-front engined two-seater, setting a whole standard in terms of sportiness, design and driving pleasure. It boasts the best weight-to-power ratio of its category, ideal weight distribution, exceptional aerodynamic efficiency, innovated design on car appearance, even the adjusted engine sound ensures 599 GTB Fiorano to be the representative of front-engined two seated car. The HGTE Package ensures tighter and more dynamic handling, with sharper cornering and improved responsiveness whilst still being easy to drive. It retains all of the trademarks of an exclusive luxury car whilst exceeding the performance of one of Ferrari’s own iconic supercars, the F40. This pinnacle of engineering achievement delivers the kind of performance that beats a host of long standing records.
- the V12 engine: 5,999 cm3 displacement; a specific power output of 103 CV/litre; maximum torque of 608 Nm at 5,600 rpm, maximum power of 620 CV at 7,600 rpm; maximum speed of over 330km/h, 1-100km/h acceleration time of 3.7 seconds.
- F1-Super gearbox: the new generation F1 gearbox cuts overall gear-shift times to 100 ms by implementing contemporaneously the various stages involved in changing gears.
- F1 Trac system: the experience built up over Formula 1 testing and races by Ferrari and integrates road-holding, safety and stability of this car, optimizing traction.
- Enhanced manettino: developed from F1 technology; the driver can instantly intervene on the car’s dynamic behaviour.
- The HGTE package includes a modified set-up with stiffer springs and rear anti-roll bar as well as new calibration settings for the magnetorheological shock absorbers when the manettino is at its sportier settings. The ride height has also been lowered which in turn lowers the car’s centre of gravity. This combined with the new set-up helps improve body control. The package also includes specifically optimised tyres featuring a compound that offers even better grip.
- Optimized Aerodynamics: lengthy testing in the wind tunnel at Ferrari has yielded excellent results in terms of both downforce and drag.