The 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 is the most powerful F-Series truck ever. The new limited-edition truck is the third supercharged Ford Harley-Davidson F-150, following the best-selling 2002 and 2003 models that were part of more than 60,000 of the specialty trucks sold since 1999.
"Ford Harley-Davidson trucks have turned a shared passion for open roads into one of the most successful alliances in the industry," says Todd Eckert, Ford Truck and SUV communications manager. "The new 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 perfectly blends the flexibility and capability of F-Series trucks with the free spirit and raw power of Harley-Davidson motorcycles – the principles that continue to drive both companies after 105 years."
The truck is available as SuperCrew 4x2 or all-wheel-drive models and features a choice of Black monochromatic exterior with custom stripe running along the beltline or an available Black and Vintage Copper two-tone exterior paint.
The purposeful exteriors are complemented by other features that signal the truck’s connection to Harley-Davidson motorcycles. They include:
- Unique chrome billet grille and lower front valance.
- Body color bumper, mirror caps, ground effects, door and tailgate handles.
- Blacked-out headlamps with black bulb shield and dark tinted, smoked-out taillamps.
- Windshield with Bar & Shield logo dot pattern and Alliance logo.
- New 22-inch polished forged-aluminum wheels with the Bar & Shield logo on center caps.
- Forged aluminum "105th Anniversary Harley-Davidson F-150" Medallions on the fenders and tailgate.
- Chrome dual exhaust tips and tie-down hooks.
- Rubber bed mat with HARLEY-DAVIDSON Bar & Shield logo.
The Vintage Copper and Black color scheme is carried onto the interior that features Black/Dusted Copper leather-trimmed front captain’s chairs and rear bench seat with die-cast Bar & Shield logos embedded in the leather. Other interior features are:
- Two-tone leather shifter, console lid and steering wheel.
- High-gloss piano black floor console and center stack with the Bar & Shield logos, as well as chrome vent rings and unique instrument cluster.
- Serialized nickel plate displaying the production VIN and number.
- Brushed stainless steel pedals.
The center stack, matching door-trim panels and lower part of the windshield feature numerous miniature Bar & Shield logos. In fact, the center stack panel was inspired by similar panels found on certain Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Powertrain options include a standard 300 horsepower 5.4-liter Triton V-8 or an available Saleen intercooled, supercharged, V-8 that pumps out an impressive 450 horsepower and 500 lbs.-ft. of torque. Along with the engine upgrades, the Saleen performance package, available on the 4x2 only, includes an available gauge pod with boost and air-charge temperature gauges.
The 2008 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150 truck is the tenth model to emerge from a Ford Harley-Davidson Alliance that began in 1999. The co-branding of the two storied companies has proven to be a successful formula with sales of Ford Harley-Davidson F-Series trucks totaling more than 60,000 units.