In order to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the successful 1970 Mustang Boss 302, Ford Racing is unveiled the limited edition Ford Racing Boss 302R. There will be only 50 units each priced at $79,000.
Based on a 2010 Mustang, the Boss 302R will be powered by a 5.0-liter 4-valve motor producing an estimated 400 hp mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
This special edition will also be sold with a Grand-Am Homologation Package, priced at $129,000.
Stay tuned for the official images!
Press release after the jump.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Mustang Boss 302’s iconic 1970 Trans-Am championship, and to build on the success of the Mustang FR500C (winner of 2005/2008/2009 Grand-Am Championships), Ford Racing is proud to announce the development of a new race-prepared road racing Mustang – the 2010 Ford Racing Boss 302R. Details of this exciting program have already begun to surface, and we want to ensure our dealers hear about it from us first.
The Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302R will be a factory-built race car, ready for track days and road racing in a number of SCCA and NASA classes. An optional Grand-Am Homologation Package will be available for the Grand-Am KONI Challenge series. While details are intentionally limited at this time, the following should help you assess the product and its appeal.
- Continue the winning tradition of Mustang racing
- Build limited to 50 units
- Off-road only (VIN replaced by serial number)
- Estimated pricing, $75,000 WD, $79,000 MSRP
- Build/delivery in 3rd -4th Qtr 2010
- Ford Racing Part #: M-FR500-BOSSR
- 400 hp (est.) 5.0L 4V engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Roll cage
- Race dampers/springs, brakes, tire
- Race seats, safety harness
Optional - Grand-Am Homologation Package2010 Grand-Am spec/approved package (Part Number: M-FR500-BOSSR1) for KONI Challenge includes:
- Sealed high output race engine with upgraded cooling system
- Close ratio 6-speed transmission with integral shifter
- Seam-welded body
- Race suspension/KONI dampers and ABS brake tuning
- Race wheels/tires
- Race performance exhaust
- High speed balance 1-piece driveshaft
- Racing fuel cell
- Race data acquisition
- Grand-Am spec vehicle is estimated to be $129,000 MSRP ($124,000 WD)
Orders / Feedback
- Vehicle orders should be placed with the Ford Racing warehouse, 800-367-3786.
- Priority delivery will be given to multiple vehicle orders.
- An "off-road only" competition release will be required prior to delivery of the race car to the dealer.
- Production of only 50 units is under consideration for 2010, so dealers are encouraged to submit their orders before December 31, 2009.
- Questions about ordering should be directed to Wayne Geoffrey (email@example.com).