Ford Racing announced today the list of updates for the 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet that will be used in competitions like NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing. Changes for the 2014 model year include two new exterior colors: Gotta Have-it Green and a Cobra Jet-exclusive flat black, an all-new 3-speed race transmission with SFI approved housing and a parachute mount needed when driving up to speeds above 150 mph.
As usual, the 2014 Mustang Cobra Jet will be for off-road use only and will be powered by a 5.4 liter DOHC supercharged aluminum block engine that delivers a total of 430 horsepower.
The model will also feature roll-cage optimized for rigidity and safety, Recaro race seats, suspensions from Ford Racing and an electric power steering.
The 2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet will be priced at $97,990 plus optional paint and graphics. The model will once again be limited to only 50 units.
Ford Racing makes the latest in racing technology available today, delivering speed and consistency for NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing. With more than four seasons of testing, racing, and customer feedback the Cobra Jet is better than ever with exciting new features, more performance and priced to be the best value in the market.
New for 2014 are new colors — Gotta Have-it Green and a Cobra Jet-exclusive flat black (custom non-factory color) — all-new 3-speed race transmission with SFI approved housing, and a parachute mount for racers exceeding 150 mph.
Other 2014 Feature Content includes:
- 5.0L TiVCT engine: Supercharged — Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger w/3.25” pulley, fully CNC-ported heads
- Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
- Electric power steering - all the assist with no parasitic loss
- Rollcage optimized for rigidity and safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
- Recaro FIA race seats
- Ford Racing suspension geometry for optimum 60’ times - derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
- Off-road only, race prepped, and turn-key for NHRA Stock or Super Stock and other racing series
- Limited Production — ONLY 50 UNITS WILL BE PRODUCED!
- Exclusive Cobra Jet content and serialized for collectability
The eMSRP is $97,990 plus optional paint and graphics.