GM Holden’s new mid-size sedan, Epica, made its Australian debut today at the Brisbane International Motor Show. On sale in early April 2007, Epica will be available in two variants (CDX and CDXi) with a choice of either a 2.0 or 2.5-litre in-line six cylinder engine, depending on model.
GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director Denny Mooney said Epica would offer outstanding value for money, an extremely refined drive and fuel economy comparable to a four cylinder car.
Mr Mooney said exact pricing would be announced in due course but Epica would be aimed at the value end of the mid-size sedan segment. A five-speed manual or automatic transmission will be offered depending on model.
Epica’s impressive fuel economy (ADR081/01) is 8.2 litres/100km for the 2.0-litre manual variant and 9.3 litres/100km for the 2.5-litre automatic.
“Epica’s in-line six cylinder engine delivers a very refined and smooth ride and returns better fuel economy than some of the four-cylinder rivals in the mid-size sedan segment,” Mr Mooney said.
“It has generous interior space, excellent standard specifications and stylish fit and finish. We believe Epica will suit the value end of the mid-size sedan segment but will also be a great alternative to vehicles right throughout that segment.”
Manufactured at GM’s Bupyong plant in South Korea, Epica was extensively tuned by Holden engineers at GM Holden’s Lang Lang proving ground before its global release, ensuring it met Australia’s diverse driving conditions.
The 2.0-litre engine produces peak power of 105kW and peak torque of 195Nm. The 2.5- litre engine produces peak power of 115kW and peak torque of 237Nm. All models meet Euro IV emission standards.
The Epica model line up will be:
- 2.0-litre: CDX (manual transmission only)
- 2.5-litre: CDX (automatic transmission only)
CDXi (automatic transmission only)
An optional pack featuring leather trim (two colour options) will be available on the CDXi.
- Epica CDX standard features include:
- 16-inch alloy wheels (15” steel spare)
- front and rear power windows
- o cruise control
- o air-conditioning
- six-speaker CD audio system (MP3 compatible),
- traction control
- front and side airbags for driver and front passenger.
- Epica CDXi models include all of the above, plus:
- 17-inch alloy wheels (15” steel spare)
- sports body kit
- climate control air conditioning
- side curtain airbags
- electronic driver information display
- eight-speaker six disc audio system (MP3 compatible)
- front fog lamps
- leather wrap steering wheel and gearshift.