Holden’s new value-packed and fuel efficient mid-size sedan, Epica, is now on sale – with a special money back offer for private buyers. Epica is available in two variants (CDX and CDXi) with a choice of either a 2.0 or 2.5-litre in-line six cylinder engine, depending on model.
A five-speed manual or automatic transmission is offered depending on model, with the 2.0-litre CDX manual sedan sharply priced at $25,990 (plus dealer delivery and government charges).
Epica’s impressive fuel economy (ADR081/01) is 8.2 litres/100km for the manual variant and 9.3 litres/100km for the automatic – better than some of its four-cylinder rivals in the mid-size sedan segment.
Epica also offers generous interior space, excellent standard specifications, stylish fit and finish and Euro-influenced exterior design. The 2.0-litre engine produces peak power of 105kW and peak torque of 195Nm*. The 2.5- litre engine produces peak power of 115kW and peak torque of 237Nm*. All models meet Euro IV emission standards.
Holden is also introducing an innovative marketing push to add impact to the new vehicle’s launch. Private customers who choose to purchase another vehicle will have the option to return their vehicle within 30 days or 1500kms – whichever comes first – if they are not satisfied with their purchase. (Business fleet, government and rental buyers are excluded).
The vehicle must be in the same condition as when delivered apart from any normal wear and tear that is to be expected and must be free from any damage (including body and mechanical). GM Holden Executive Director Sales, Marketing and Aftersales, Alan Batey, said the money back offer added another incentive that gave Epica an edge in this competitive market segment.
“This offer is a unique and differentiated marketing tool to launch the new nameplate in this highly competitive mid-size sedan segment,” Mr Batey said.
“We believe Epica stacks up incredibly well against the opposition for specification, value and fuel economy. Adding the money back offer into the mix will be a further attractive incentive for private customers considering this car.”
The money back offer campaign applies to new Holden Epica vehicles purchased from participating Holden dealers and delivered to private (non-fleet) customers between Apr 12, 2007 and Dec 31, 2007 . Full terms and conditions are listed below.
The Epica model line up is:
Epica CDX standard features include:
- CDX - 2.0-litre manual transmission
- CDX - 2.5-litre automatic transmission
- CDXi - 2.5-litre automatic transmission
- 16-inch alloy wheels (15-inch steel spare)
- front and rear power windows
- cruise control
- six-speaker CD audio system (MP3 compatible),
- traction control
- ront and side airbags for driver and front passenger.
Epica CDXi models include all of the above, plus:
An optional pack featuring leather trim (two colour options) is available on CDXi.
- 17-inch alloy wheels (15-inch steel spare)
- sports body kit
- climate control air conditioning
- curtain airbags
- electronic driver information display
- eight-speaker six-disc audio system (MP3 compatible)
- front fog lamps
- leather-wrap steering wheel and gearshift.
Recommended retail price (plus dealer delivery and government charges)
- 2.0-litre Epica CDX sedan (manual) $25,990
- 2.5-litre Epica CDX sedan (automatic) $27,990
- 2.5-litre Epica CDXi sedan (automatic) $30,990
- Optional leather trim pack (CDXi only) $ 2000
- Metallic paint $ 360
- Sports body kit (CDX)
- 18-inch alloy wheels – chrome
- Bluetooth kit
- Rear parking sensors
- Roof bars
- Exhaust tip (stainless steel)