Honda will add starting September two new models to its Accord line-up. Sales of the Accord are on the increase in 2007, with fleet sales already up by 68 per cent – and the car continues to win industry awards for its refinement, handling and practicality.
"The Accord always finishes near the top of owner surveys, which shows that its drivers love the car,” says Bernard Bradley, Head of Sales for Honda (UK). “But our dealers tell us new buyers – especially those from the corporate sector – want a version that combines the advanced technology offered by high-end models, with more of the sporting features from other Accords in the range."
The new Accord Sport GT 2.2 i-CTDi features as standard:
- Dark Chrome door handles and front grille
- 17-inch (Saloon) or 16-inch (Tourer) alloy wheels in Dark Graphite finish
- Premium White Pearl paint option – exclusive to this model
- Sports suspension
- Rear boot spoiler, smoked headlights, and foglights
- Carbon-effect inlay fitted within the dashboard and centre console
- Red illuminated dials
- Voice-activated Satellite Navigation system
- Premium Audio system that includes a 6CD changer
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth Hands Free Telephone
- Tourer fitted with rear section privacy glass
The Sport GT is on sale from 1 September, priced from: £20,767 (OTR).
Also Honda added a new 2.2-litre i-CTDi dieselengine -powered model: the Accord SE. Bernard Bradley continues: "This new keenly-priced car continues the theme of Accord, which has always been to offer a high-spec saloon with the quality you’d expect from a Honda – but at an extremely competitive price, with low running costs. If you’re talking about value for money, the Accord SE beats most cars in the sector, even the new arrivals."
The diesel SE may be priced at a highly competitive £18,600 (OTR), but it’s remarkably well-equipped – with 16-inch alloys, stability assist, 6-speed gearbox and Bluetooth Hands Free Telephone all fitted as standard.