The last time we have seen the Honda Odyssey was when the Odyssey Concept was unveiled at this year’s Chicago Auto Show. Today, the Odyssey comes back into the spotlight as Honda has officially unveiled the 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite. Featuring a more exclusive appearance and new interior features, the 2011 Odyssey will go on sale this fall, continuing the tradition of the best-selling minivan in the U.S.
The 2011 Honda Odyssey is powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 engine with three-mode variable cylinder management that has a fuel economy of 19/28 mpg (City/Highway). It gets a lower roofline (-1.6 inches versus 2010 Odyssey EX) and wider track (+1.4 inches) helping to create a sleeker, stronger, and more dynamic presence with improved aerodynamics.
New exterior improvements include HID front headlights, 18" alloy wheels, ventilated front disc brakes, power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators, and a power tailgate. For the interior, Honda has added a new Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System, high-definition connectivity, and split-screen viewing, but also leather-trimmed seating with heated front seats.
Updated 09/09/2010: Honda today announced priced for the 2011 Odyssey that will debut at dealers on September 30. The Odyssey LX has a starting price of $27,800, while the top version, the Odyssey Touring Elite goes up to $43,250. For 2011 Odyssey will be offered in five trim levels: LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and the new Touring Elite. Full prices after the jump.
Press release after the jump.
|Odyssey LX||5-Speed Automatic||$27,800||18/27/21|
|Odyssey EX||5-Speed Automatic||$30,950||18/27/21|
|Odyssey EX-L||5-Speed Automatic||$34,450||18/27/21|
|Odyssey EX-L with RES||5 Speed Automatic||$36,050||18/27/21|
|Odyssey EX-L with Navi||5-Speed Automatic||$36,450||18/27/21|
|Odyssey Touring||6-Speed Automatic||$40,755||19/28/22|
|Odyssey Touring Elite||6-Speed Automatic||$43,250||19/28/22|
The all-new 2011 Honda Odyssey seeks to redefine the concept of the minivan with its aggressive stance and sporty "lightning-bolt" beltline. The lightning bolt not only provides an exclusive appearance, but also adds increased visibility for third-row passengers. New interior features add more convenience for families, while available entertainment technology introduces high-definition connectivity and split-screen viewing. Currently the best-selling minivan in the U.S., the all-new 2011 Honda Odyssey is set to go on sale this fall. Compared to the current Odyssey, the 2011 model’s lower roofline (-1.6 inches versus 2010 Odyssey EX) and wider track (+1.4 inches) contribute to a sleeker, stronger and more dynamic presence with improved aerodynamics that help increase fuel economy and also translate into more interior width.
- 3.5-liter i-VTEC™ V-6 engine with three-mode Variable Cylinder Management™
- Preliminary estimated fuel economy, Odyssey Touring Elite (City/Highway): 19/28 miles per gallon*
* Preliminary EPA mileage estimates determined by Honda. Final EPA mileage estimates not available at the time of printing. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
Features of the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite model as shown in the June 17, 2010, reveal video:
(please reference the June 17 reveal video script @ hondanews.com for items not listed here)
- AM/FM/XM/CD Premium Audio System with 12 Speakers
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Activation
- Ultra-Wide Rear Entertainment System (RES) with split-screen capability
- External HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) input
- 150-watt AC power outlet
- Media tray with integrated beverage holder
- Removable 1st row center console with hidden storage
- New cool box in lower center stack (keeps items cool when vehicle is running)
- Leather-trimmed seating with heated front seats
- Memory-linked 10-way power driver’s seat
- LATCH child seat anchors in five seating positions, including three positions in the second row to accommodate three child seats simultaneously
- Two captain’s chairs in the second row provide adult comfort with center seat folded down
- One-strap stowable 3rd Row Magic Seat®
- Second- and third-row passenger window sunshades
- 15 beverage holders
- Trash bag ring
- HID front headlights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 12.6-inch ventilated front disc brakes
- Power side mirrors with integrated turn indicators
- Power tailgate