The new Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec is powered by a 3.8 liter V6 engine that delivers 306 HP and is mated to a 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission. It can hit a top speed of 149 mph.
The new version is distinguished by 19" gunmetal-finish alloy wheels, a track-tuned suspension, black leather bolsters with red cloth insert seats, R-Spec badge, front camber adjustment bolt, fog lights, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, power windows with auto-down/up, and power door locks and outside mirrors.
The 2011 Genesis will get new soft-touch, matte-finish surfaces on door panels, center speaker grille, glove box, and lower instrument panel, new dark metalgrain accents on center stack, door handles, air vent register bezels and steering wheel trim, and chrome accents.
Pricing for the 3.8 R-Spec has not yet been released. We will keep everyone posted as soon as we receive further details!
Updated 09/15/2010: Hyundai has announced today prices for the 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec that will go on sale this fall. The 3.8 version is priced at $26,750, while for the 2.0T version customers will have to pay $24,500. The 3.8 R-Spec allows enthusiasts to use that $4,000 to tune their own car to their desired specifications.
Press release after the jump.
Fresh off its inaugural year in which it thumped the likes of G37, Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger in various comparison test shoot-outs while leading all competitors in residual value, Hyundai’s Genesis Coupe is back for 2011 with interior updates, a revised lineup, and its hottest model ever, the 3.8 R-Spec.
3.8 R-Spec equipment includes:
- 3.8-liter DOHC V6 engine with DCVVT delivering 306 hp and a top speed of 149 mph 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
- 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with staggered-width high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (225/40YR19 front, 245/40YR19 rear)
- Brembo® braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
- Track-tuned suspension (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, front strut brace)
- Torsen-type limited-slip differential
- Black leather bolsters with red cloth insert seats
- R-Spec badge
- Front camber adjustment bolt (Camber bolts included but not installed. Dealer installation of the camber bolts is optional at the customer’s discretion)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) w/ Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) w/ Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- 4-Wheel disc brakes with Brake Assist
- 6 airbags: Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side-curtain airbags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Active front head restraints
- Remote keyless entry system
- Multi-information display (MID)
- Fog Lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- AM/FM/XM®/CD/MP3 audio system
- iPod®/USB and MP3 auxiliary input jacks
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- Manual air conditioning w/ outside temperature display
- Trip computer
- Power windows with auto-down/up
- Power Door Locks and Outside mirrors
- Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec
- To reduce cost, weight, and complexity, the R-Spec eliminates some non-essential convenience equipment such as automatic headlights, cruise control and some chrome/metalgrain interior accents