The Infiniti M, which went on sale as an all-new 2006 model in 2005, captured essential elements of both a luxury performance sedan and an award-winning sports sedan, and developed them into a new level of engaging luxury and performance.
The Infiniti M also has captured a number of prestigious accolades, including being named the top-ranked midsize premium sedan in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study. Together with the sporty G35, the rugged Infiniti FX and the luxurious Infiniti QX, the 2007 M gives Infiniti an exceptional lineup of dynamic luxury performance vehicles.
For 2007, the Infiniti M offers new option packages and more standard features. It is again offered in five models: the M35 Luxury (V6 rear-wheel drive), M35 Sport (V6 rear-wheel drive with Rear Active Steer and 19-inch wheels and tires), M35x AWD (V6 all-wheel drive), M45 Luxury (V8 rear-wheel drive) and M45 Sport (V8 rear-wheel drive with Rear Active Steer and 19-inch wheels and tires).
New option packages and standard features highlight the 2007 M, including a new Advanced Technology Package. Infiniti M models are equipped with an advanced 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode and downshift rev matching. Other standard features include leather-appointed seats, Intelligent Key with push button ignition, Infiniti Voice Recognition, Bluetooth® wireless technology, in-dash 6-disc changer with MP3 playback capability, improved Infiniti Vehicle Information System with 7-inch LCD screen and easy-to-use controls mounted on both the instrument panel and the steering wheel.
Also standard are Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), 10-way power driver’s and front passenger’s seats, power-sliding sunroof and Advanced Air Bag System (AABS).
The M35 Sport and M45 Sport models offer standard 19-inch wheels and tires (18-inch wheels and tires are standard on non-Sport models), sport-tuned suspension with Rear Active Steer, xenon headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), climate controlled front sport seats and aluminum interior trim accents.
"The Infiniti M is an expression of power, refinement, technology and design – all the things that make Infiniti owners’ hearts pound," said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division. "The M captures the soul of the Infiniti brand, expressing it in invigorating, forward thinking ways."
An Enhanced FM Platform
The Infiniti M is available with a choice of V8 or V6 engines, with the vehicles designated M45 and M35, respectively. The M45 features a powerful DOHC 4.5-liter V8, shared with the premium FX45. It is rated at 325 horsepower and 336 lb-ft of torque. The M35 utilizes an advanced DOHC 3.5-liter V6 rated at 275 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque. The V6 is part of the award-winning VQ engine series also found in the G35 and FX35.
Every Infiniti M utilizes an enhanced next-generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform currently used on the G35 sedan, G35 coupe and FX premium crossover SUV. Approximately 60 percent of the platform design and components have been enhanced for use with the M. Like the previous generation, the redefined FM platform positions the engine behind the front axle. This positioning results in an optimized front-to-rear weight balance, which factors in weight transfer during key handling maneuvers.
The Infiniti M’s large diameter wheels and tires are positioned out near the corners of the vehicle, helping to further enhance handling and driving excitement. The M suspension is an independent double-wishbone design in front and multi-link independent system in the rear.
Sensuous Exterior Design
From a design standpoint, the Infiniti M optimizes both luxury and sport styling to create a dynamic visual appeal. The expressive, jewel-like grille and crystal-look headlight clusters offer a luxurious appeal, while large 18- or 19-inch wheels and low profile tires, a stable posture with wide track, and short overhangs contribute to the sportiness of the design.
The Infiniti M also offers a low, aggressive hood line, which flows into the anchored shoulders and contributes to the sporty, powerful silhouette. The roofline is fluid, while the hood and front fenders are sculpted to provide a solid, muscular look. In the rear, L-shaped LED taillights and quad tailpipes finish out the exterior design.
The Infiniti M’s long wheelbase and short overhangs provide a roomy interior and sporty exterior dimensions. Wide front and rear tracks add to handling stability, while the overall width enhances interior and trunk volume. Also featured are lightweight body components, including aluminum-alloy inner and outer door panels, hood and decklid panels. The M’s aerodynamic design results in zero front lift and, with the available rear spoiler, offers zero rear lift.
Confident, Explosive Performance and Rear Active Steer
At the heart of the Infiniti M is the high-performance power of the V8 or V6 powerplants, each mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode and downshift rev matching.
The advanced braking system is designed to offer confidence-inspiring pedal feel and enhanced pedal response, while the steering system is designed to provide an engaging driving experience through a high-flow hydraulic boost system with micro-polished steering gear and robust rack mounting. Every Infiniti M also features Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC).
Along with its advanced engine design, the Infiniti M is also offered with a state-of-the-art intelligent all-wheel drive system. The M35 AWD model features Infiniti’s ATTESA E-TS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All Electronic Torque Split) all-wheel drive system, which is also utilized on the Infiniti FX45 and FX35 AWD premium crossover SUVs and G35x AWD sedan.
The system’s advanced torque split control strategy automatically transfers optimum torque to the wheels according to road and driving conditions. It provides outstanding cornering capability similar to a sports car due to optimum torque distribution to the front and rear wheels. Combined with the vehicle’s VDC system, each wheel receives the appropriate amount of torque when needed.
The handling and stability of the Infiniti M Sport models is further optimized by Infiniti’s Rear Active Steer system. Unlike passive rear steering systems, this design features precise, electronic motor-driven control. This system helps improve the M Sport’s handling performance by adjusting the geometry of the rear suspension according to steering input and vehicle speed.
The system’s electronic control unit calculates the desired vehicle dynamics from a series of sensors, including vehicle speed and steering angle, and directs the system actuator to change rear geometry by moving both rear suspension lower links. The result is sports car-like agility, combined with luxury sedan stability and ride quality.
A Highly Personalized, Enriching Interior Atmosphere
The M’s interior design engages the senses in invigorating ways, combining a driver-oriented cockpit with a graceful, Infiniti level of luxury and design detail.
The modern and intuitive interior layout focuses on purposeful simplicity. Interior features include genuine Rosewood or aluminum trim, leather-appointed seats, Solar Eclipse instrument lighting system, and available features such as climate controlled front seats, heated power reclining rear seats and advanced Bose® Studio Surround ™sound system with digital 5.1-channel decoding and 14 speakers including two personal speakers mounted in the shoulders of each front seat.
The interior also offers an array of driver and passenger-oriented technology features, including the Infiniti Intelligent Key system with Push Button Start. This system eliminates the need to take the key fob out of your pocket when locking and unlocking the car, accessing the trunk or starting the engine. Other available features include RearView Monitor, Intelligent Cruise Control and Infiniti DVD-based Navigation System with a new user interface featuring voice-activated destination entry as well as HVAC and audio control.
High Tech Safety Systems with New Lane Departure System
The Infiniti M is also a showcase for the latest in Infiniti safety technology, including an available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system. The system recognizes lane markings and calculates the lateral distance between the vehicle and the lane marking, along with vehicle speed relative to the marking, and generates an audible signal to warn the driver of a pending, unintended lane departure. Engagement of the turn signal turns off the system, which also features a cancel switch.
"Over 55 percent of fatal auto accidents in the United States are caused by lane departures, including single vehicle and head-on accidents," said Igo. "The LDW system is an important advancement in vehicle safety technology."
Other safety features include an Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage front supplemental air bags with Occupant Classification System and roof-mounted side-impact curtain air bags and available brake operated front pre-crash seat belts, which tighten under emergency braking in anticipation of an evasive maneuver or crash.
The Evolution of Luxury
"Luxury has evolved from what was once traditional, status-oriented luxury, to what has come to be a more meaningful, personal approach to luxury," said Igo. The exhilarating Infiniti M is yet another example of Infiniti’s leadership in providing luxury that appeals to both the soul and intelligence of the driver."
At a Glance: 2007 Infiniti M
The Infiniti M, which went on sale as an all-new 2006 model in 2005, captured essential elements of both a luxury performance sedan and an award-winning sports sedan, and developed them into a new level of engaging luxury and performance. The new M also has captured a number of prestigious accolades, including being named the top-ranked midsize premium sedan in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study. For 2007, the Infiniti M offers new option packages and more standard features.
Design remains a critical aspect of the M’s visual appeal. The exterior design features a low, aggressive hoodline, which flows into the anchored shoulders and contributes to the sporty, powerful silhouette. Inside, the interior is highly expressive, combining a driver-oriented cockpit with an inviting design detail.
High performance is an Infiniti trademark, and the M does not disappoint. The M45 features the 4.5-liter DOHC V8 shared with the Infiniti FX 45. For use in the M45, it produces 325 horsepower and 336 lb-ft of torque. The M35 is powered by a 3.5-liter DOHC V6, producing 275 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard 5-speed automatic transmission with performance shifter and manual shift mode with downshift rev matching. The M35 also features an available intelligent all-wheel drive system.
Advanced technology is abundant on the M, starting with standard Bluetooth® wireless technology, a Vehicle Information System with 7-inch LCD screen and easy-to-use controls, Infiniti voice recognition and Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS). M Sport models feature a new Rear Active Steer system, which helps improve vehicle handling performance by adjusting the geometry of the rear suspension according to steering input and vehicle speed. Also featured on the M is an available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, which warns the driver of a pending, unintended lane departure.
Highlights of the 2007 Infiniti M include:
- Sporty, luxurious design
- Expressive, jewel-like grille and crystal-look headlight cluster
- Stable posture with long wheelbase (114.2 inches), wide track and short overhangs
- Low, aggressive hoodline and anchored shoulders providing a sporty, powerful silhouette
- Advanced unibody construction with a high level of torsional rigidity
- Available Front HID xenon headlamp lighting system (standard M45, M35 Sport)
- Lightweight aluminum doors, hood and trunk lid
Engine and Driveline
- 32-valve 4.5-liter DOHC V8 producing 325 horsepower (M45) or 24-valve 3.5-liter DOHC V6 producing 275 horsepower (M35)
- Modular cylinder head design, lightweight pistons, titanium valves, continuously variable valve timing, variable length induction system
- 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with manual shift mode with downshift rev matching
- Enhanced, next generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform with 60 percent of the platform design and components enhanced for use with the M
- Infiniti’s intelligent all-wheel drive system available on M35
- Quad-tipped dual exhaust pipes
Suspension, Steering and Braking
- Double-wishbone independent front suspension
- Multi-link independent rear suspension with available Rear Active Steer (Sport model)
- Enhanced braking system with 4-wheel disc brakes, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Enhanced power-assisted steering system with sport ratio
- 18-inch (new design for 2007) or 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and high-performance, low profile tires
- New option packages including revised Technology Package, revised Journey Package (standard on all except base M35) and new Advanced Technology Package
- Inviting interior with use of aluminum or genuine Rosewood trim and leather appointments
- Large cabin space, able to fit five adult passengers comfortably
- Standard 10-way power driver’s and front passenger’s seat
- Standard climate controlled seats (M45, M35x, M35 Sport, available on M35)
- Infiniti Intelligent Key system with push-button ignition
- In-dash 6-disc auto changer with MP3 and WMA compatibility
- Contemporary, easy-to-use instrument panel
- Infiniti Voice Recognition system
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Advanced "Solar Eclipse" instrument lighting system
- Power-sliding glass sunroof
- Available Bose® Studio Surround™ sound system with digital 5.1-channel decoding and 14 speakers including two personal speakers mounted in the shoulders of each front seat
- Available Infiniti DVD-based Navigation System with a new user interface with voice-activated destination entry
- Available RearView Monitor with a wide lens view and new wheel trajectory view feature with directional guidelines that adjust based on steering input
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)
- Available rear seat DVD Mobile Entertainment System with roof-mounted 8-inch screen, remote control and two sets of wireless headphones
Safety and Security
- Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system with cancel switch, which alerts driver of unintended lane departure
- Zone Body platform design, with front and rear crumple zones
- Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage front supplemental air bags and roof-mounted side-impact curtain air bags
- Available brake-operated pre-crash front seat belts
Models and Manufacturing
- Available in five models: M35 Luxury, M35 Sport, M35x AWD, M45 Luxury and M45 Sport
- Exterior and interior designed at Nissan Technical Center (NTC) in Atsugi, Japan
- Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. at Tochigi, Japan
Journey Package ($1,350)
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon low-beam headlights with automatic leveling
- Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)
- Climate-controlled front seats with internal ventilation providing both cooling and heating functions
Technology Package ($2,950)
- Bose® 2-channel premium audio system with AM/FM radio
- In-dash, single-feed 6-disc CD autochanger with MP3 and WMA playback capability
- Eight speakers
- Infiniti Navigation System with DVD-database, Birdview™ and 8-inch display
- RearView Monitor
Advanced Technology Package ($2,500)
- Bose® Studio Surround® sound system with digital 5.1-channel decoding
- 14 speakers
- Center console-mounted DVD player
- Audio/video input jack
- AM/FM radio
- In-dash, single-feed 6-disc CD autochanger with MP3 and WMA playback
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Brake Assist with Preview
- Lane Departure Warning system
- Satellite radio (choice of XM® or SIRIUS™ service providers)
Premium Package ($8,900)
- Includes all Technology and Advanced Technology Package items
- Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System
- Power reclining and heated rear seats
- Rear climate and audio controls with driver lock-out control
- Power rear sunshade
Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System MSRP: $1,500.00
- Infiniti Mobile Entertainment System with 8-inch ceiling-mounted flip-down display screen
- Audio/video input jack
- Remote control
- Two wireless headphones
Rosewood Interior Trim (Sport Models Only) MSRP: $600.00
- Genuine rosewood trim accents on doors, dash, and center console
- Satin finish
XM® or SIRIUS™ Satellite Radio MSRP: $350.00
- Audio system equipped to broadcast XM® or SIRIUS™ satellite radio 
- Choose from a wide variety of music, news, and entertainment
- Digital-quality sound
- Coast-to-coast reception
18-inch Chrome-finished Wheels MSRP: $1,000.00
- * Chrome-plated 18 x 8-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
18-inch Diamond-cut Finished Wheels MSRP: $990.00
- Add a unique look to your vehicle
- Strong 18-inch wheels with a diamond-cut finish
- Non-sport models only
Aerodynamic Body Kit MSRP: $1,590.00
- Front and rear lower fascias
- Side sills
- Rear decklid spoiler
Rear Decklid Spoiler MSRP: $290.00
- Color-matched, aerodynamic rear spoiler helps reduce turbulence and drag and creates zero rear lift
Splash Guards MSRP: $130.00
- Reduce dirt spray on lower body panels while helping to prevent nicks and scratches caused by road debris under all weather conditions
- Contoured to match wheel openings, and color-matched to exterior paint
- Add value, style, and help protect your resale value
Carpeted Trunk Mat MSRP: $80.00
- Durable, high-density, cut-pile nylon carpet with serged nylon edging
- Non-slip, moisture-resistant backing
- Provides superior spill protection and wear characteristics
- Matches the standard equipment carpeted floor mats
Model and pricing
Starting at $41.450
- 275-hp V6
- Rear-wheel drive
- 5-speed A/T with manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching
- Bluetooth System
Infiniti M35x AWD
starting at $44.550
- includes M35 standard equipment
- inlelligent All-Wheel Drive
Infiniti M35 Sport
Starting at $44.250
- Includes all M35 standard equipment
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Rear Active Steer
- Aluminium trim
Starting at $49.100
- Includes all M35 standard equipment
- 325 hp V8
- 5-speed A/T with manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching
- Bluethoot System
Infiniti M45 Sport
Starting at $50.500
- Includes all M35 standard equipment
- sport-tuned suspension
- Rear Active Steer
- Aluminum trim