2003 Jaguar RD6
The RD-6 Concept was built by a small team of designers and it was a a break from tradition for Jaguar, the diesel engine being one of the more unusual features.
The RD-6 was unveiled in 2003 at the Frankfurt Auto Show. The RD-6 coupe is in fact a four door sedan, incorporating a similar layout configuration to Mazda’s hot new RX-8. From the S Type-R-esque chain-link armor grille and ridged hood it’s clear that Coventry’s latest is a true Jaguar. However, breaking with tradition Jaguar has chosen to modify its requisite four rounded upright headlamps, tying them together in the middle and bringing the centermost pair to a downward point.
- Body Type: 2-door coupe
- Layout: front engine, RWD
- Engine: 230 hp, 369 lb-ft of torque, 2.7-L, twin-turbocharged diesel V8
- Transmission: 5-spd auto
- Brakes (front/rear): disc/disc, ABS
- Curb Weight (est): 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs)
- Acceleration (0 - 100 km/h): under 6 seconds
- Top Speed: 250 km/h (155 mph)