Jaguar revealed the specifications for the 2007 S-Type. The luxury saloon is offered with four different engines: including class-leading 2.7-litre twin-turbo diesel, 3.0-litre V6 petrol and renowned 4.2-litre naturally aspirated and supercharged V8s.
Jaguar S-TYPE at a glance
- Executive Jaguar saloon with four engine variants including class-leading 2.7-litre twin-turbo diesel, 3.0-litre V6 petrol and renowned 4.2-litre naturally aspirated and supercharged V8s
- Streamlined styling combined with advanced technology and legendary Jaguar ride and handling make the S-TYPE the epitome of the contemporary, sporting Jaguar saloon.
- From the top-of-the-range 400bhp (DIN), 155mph supercharged S-TYPE R which is capable of 60mph in just 5.3 seconds to the highly acclaimed twin-turbo 2.7-litre diesel which offers a 0-60mph time of just 8.1 seconds yet returns 41.5mpg on the combined fuel economy cycle, outstanding Jaguar innovation is clear across the range
- The diesel-engined S-TYPE is offered with either a much-admired six-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission. The 3.0-litre petrol is available with either a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox, while both 4.2-litre V8 models are equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission.
- AJD-V6 diesel engine is the lightest unit of its type and size, weighing just 202kg
- Latest generation, high pressure, common-rail direct-injection technology, including ‘multiple pilot’ injection with piezo-electric control, ensures maximum efficiency
- Maximum power of 152kW (207PS) EEC, 153kW (206bhp) DIN and maximum torque of 435Nm (320lb ft) make this a Diesel Jaguar with real performance: a top speed of 230kph (143mph), and 0-100kph (0-60mph) in just 8.5 (8.1) seconds in the manual version and 8.6 (8.2) seconds in the auto
- An impressive combined fuel economy figure of 6.8l/100km (41.5mpg) with manual gearbox, and a low CO2 figure of only 179g/km
- Comprehensive safety features in every S-TYPE include front, side and side-curtain airbags, Jaguar’s Adaptive Restraint Technology System (A.R.T.S.) and Anti-lock Braking System
- Wide range of standard interior features in every S-TYPE including automatic climate control with dual zone control for driver and front passenger, electrically adjustable seats, multi-function steering wheel controls for audio, cruise control and (where fitted) Bluetooth® telephone connectivity and voice control, trip computer, Jaguar Alpine Sound System with AM/FM radio and single slot CD player
- Comprehensive security system includes remote central locking and driveaway locking, ultrasonic intrusion sensing, radio frequency remote control and engine immobiliser (Thatcham 1 approved)
- Key optional features include 19-inch wheels across the range, electrically adjustable pedals, Front and Rear Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Alert, in addition to existing driver aids.