In February 2006 at the Chicago Auto Show ,the 2007 MKZ was first shown.
Lincoln is changing the name of its new Zephyr sedan to MKZ (pronounced Mark Zee).
Since its debut last year, Zephyr has paved the way for the Lincoln MKZ with a solid foundation in customer satisfaction and quality.
It brings this entry-level sedan under Lincoln’s new alphanumeric naming system,but has the potential to confuse consumers.
This is a five-passenger mid-size luxury sedan from the Lincoln automobile division.
The Lincoln MKZ is powered by a new, more powerful upgraded engine ,263 hp (196 kW) Duratec 35 3.5 L V6 and all-wheel drive,(the Zephyr is front-wheel drive only) paired with a fuel-efficient 6-speed automatic transmission.
The MKZ uses the Mazda6-derived platform, but the car shares 35% of its body panels with the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan.
New 17-inch machined aluminum wheels, distinctive lighting and chrome accents create a dynamic, uniquely American interpretation of luxury.
A sound system with 14 speakers also set it apart from the mainstream Ford, Mercury, and Mazda versions.
"The new Lincoln MKZ is moving Lincoln to a modern vision of American luxury," says Al Giombetti, president, Ford, Lincoln and Mercury. "It enters the market from a position of strength, following the outstanding success of the Zephyr. With the Lincoln MKZ, we’re adding great new features and delivering outstanding value that American luxury customers demand."
The car pricing ranges are from US$28,995 to $35,435.
The Lincoln Zephyr reached dealerships in the fall as a 2006 model.
Rounding out the performance story is newly available all-wheel drive (AWD), a feature that 50 percent of luxury owners say they want on their vehicle. Lincoln MKZ is the first Lincoln car to offer available AWD, a feature not found among many vehicles in its competitive set. The intelligent AWD system on the Lincoln MKZ is specifically tuned for luxury performance, offering confident all-weather driving. It seamlessly delivers torque to all four wheels as needed. Ford Motor Company leads the industry in delivering AWD capability. The company will have 28 vehicles with this technology this year.
The Lincoln MKZ features a 600 W THX sound system with 14 speakers
The MKZ is available in a single series, featuring a full complement of standard premium equipment along with select options, making it easy for customers to order.
Key standard features include:
* New 263 hp 3.5L V-6 with 6-speed automatic transmission
* Luxurious interior, with genuine wood, leather, and satin nickel trim
* 17-inch machined and painted aluminum 8-spoke wheels
* LED tail lamps
* Dual-zone electronic air temperature control
* New MP3 audio input jack
* 10-way power adjustable driver/passenger seat with power lumbar and recline
* Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
* Excellent NVH characteristics and unique suspension
* Heated front seats
* Driver memory seats and mirrors
Available options include:
* Intelligent AWD
* SIRIUS™ satellite radio
* THX II-Certified ® audio system with 14 speakers, a six-disc player compatible with normal audio, MP3 compressed or text format CDs
* DVD-based navigation system with a 6.5-inch-wide screen and text-to-speech technology for travel directions aloud in English, Spanish or French. Includes THX II-Certified ® audio system.
* High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps designed to produce more light, last longer and use less energy than typical incandescent headlamps
* 17-inch 8-spoke chrome wheels
* Perforated premium leather cooled front seats
* Power moonroof
* Interior satin nickel trim in lieu of wood on doors, console and IP