For 2010 the Lincoln MKX is offering available all-wheel-drive, standard heated-and-cooled front seats and available heated rear seats. And for 2010, its 265-hp engine and six-speed automatic transmission have been extensively refined to increase fuel mileage. Prices for the MKX start at $38,345 for the FDW version and at $40,195 for the AWD version.
With its distinctive chrome grille, sophisticated flowing exterior lines, and broad, athletic stance, Lincoln MKX takes vehicle design to a whole new level. The interior features genuine wood, bright-nickel and chrome accents as well as a stylish, contemporary instrument panel. There’s also available ambient lighting in multiple color choices.
The Lincoln MKX features a 3.5L Duratec V6 engine that delivers a total of 265 hp and 250 lb. ft. of torque, and an impressive 25 mpg highway. The engine is mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transmission that uses a wide 6.04:1 gear ratio. Short first and second gears provide impressive launch and acceleration, while the tall overdrive gears deliver seven percent better fuel economy than a four-speed automatic.
For 2010 Lincoln is offering a new package: Midnight Limited Edition Package that includes a unique body-color grille and Tuxedo Black Metallic paint offset by assertive 22-inch bright polished aluminum wheels.
Press release after the jump.
The 2010 Lincoln MKX continues to meet the demands of discriminating customers, offering available all-wheel-drive, standard heated-and-cooled front seats and available heated rear seats. And for 2010, its 265-hp engine and six-speed automatic transmission have been extensively refined to increase fuel mileage without compromising performance and smoothness.
Major Mileage Improvements
Thanks to powertrain and aerodynamic refinements, the 2010 Lincoln MKX now delivers:
- FWD: 18 mpg city/25 mpg highway – up 1 mpg each from 2009
- AWD: 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway – up 1 mpg highway and a remarkable 2 mpg better in the city than 2009
Best of all, the economy increases were achieved without compromising the smooth, silent rush of power Lincoln MKX owners have always enjoyed.
The Lincoln MKX 3.5-liter V-6 engine features a strong, lightweight, die-cast aluminum block and lightweight four-valve-per-cylinder heads for smooth operation at high rpm. A 10.3:1 compression ratio and close-coupled catalysts will help it meet stringent ultra-low emission vehicle (ULEV) II regulations.
The six-speed automatic transmission uses a wide 6.04:1 gear ratio to deliver good fuel economy and performance. Short first and second gears provide impressive launch and acceleration, while the tall overdrive gears deliver seven percent better fuel economy than a four-speed automatic.
Safety is Standard
A suite of standard features including AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™) and solid unibody construction helped the 2009 Lincoln MKX earn a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The body structure has been optimized through the strategic use of high-strength steel, side intrusion beams in the doors, and specially designed energy-absorbing interior door trim.
MKX safety innovations include:
- Blind Spot Mirror. The traditional side view mirror is designed with a secondary convex spotter mirror in the top outer corner, which provides a view of the driver’s blind spot. When traffic enters the driver’s blind spot on either side of the vehicle, it is visible in the secondary convex mirror, alerting the driver of obstacles
- AdvanceTrac with RSC. This system can predict a vehicle’s path, using a sensor to measure oversteer and yaw by monitoring the vehicle’s speed, throttle position and steering wheel angle. When the system senses wheel slip or the loss of traction, it applies braking where needed to help keep the vehicle on its intended path
- Personal Safety System™. This suite of safety features includes dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, safety belt pretensioners, a front-passenger sensing system and crash severity sensor
- Safety Canopy® side curtain air bags. Designed for both rows, this feature utilizes roll-fold technology to efficiently deploy the air bag when an occupant’s head is leaning to the side glass. In the event of a crash, the air bag is designed to deploy between the occupant’s head and the side of the vehicle
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). This system alerts drivers when it senses tire pressure is low
As one would expect from a Lincoln, technological advances that make driving more convenient are found throughout Lincoln MKX. They include:
- SYNC. The industry-exclusive, voice-activated, hands-free, in-car communications and entertainment system now includes Traffic, Directions & Information, featuring turn-by-turn navigation, with a three-year pre-paid subscription for the original vehicle owner (SYNC: Traffic, Directions & Information not available with optional voice-activated navigation system)
- Voice-activated navigation with SIRIUS Travel Link™. Lincoln moves in-car connectivity forward with its available next-generation navigation system, available with SIRIUS Travel Link. This offers drivers and passengers access to up-to-the-minute information and entertainment content through the vehicle’s navigation system
- Travel Link offers, coast-to-coast coverage of real-time traffic data; weather reports (both current and five day forecasts with storm information and even ski resort conditions); fuel options from more than 120,000 stations sorted by price or distance; major league pro and college sports as well as movie listings from more than 4,500 theaters. A six-month introductory subscription to SIRIUS Travel Link and SIRIUS satellite radio are included at no cost
- THX® II-Certified audio system. Designed by THX, a California company renowned for its movie theater systems, the available award-winning THX II system uses the latest in THX technologies to bring the home theater surround sound experience to the open road. The system uses a 12-channel amplifier to deliver 600 watts of power to a total of 12 speakers, including two subwoofers, strategically placed in the cabin
- Available Adaptive Front Lighting system. Designed for improved visibility, adaptive lighting consists of motor-driven halogen low beams based on steering-wheel input that swivel around curves. When cornering, the headlamps can illuminate a stretch of road up to 36 feet longer than conventional headlights
Lincoln MKX Special Packages
New for 2010, the Midnight Limited Edition Package brings a unique body-color grille and Tuxedo Black Metallic paint offset by assertive 22-inch bright polished aluminum wheels. Inside, an Ebony Interior Package is complemented by premium floor mats emblazoned with the Lincoln logo.
The Limited Edition Package offers a chrome grille on four colors – Ingot Silver, Red Candy Metallic, White Platinum Tri-Coat and Tuxedo Black Metallic. Both Limited Edition and Monochromatic Limited Edition packages offer 20-inch chrome-clad wheels, fineline ebony wood interior accents, premium leather trimmed seats in Cashmere color with Charcoal Black piping, unique badging, Lincoln Star logos stitched on the front head restraints and headlamp lenses etched with the Lincoln Star for a unique effect.
In addition, the Ultimate Package for 2010, available on both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models, features 18-inch eight-spoke polished aluminum wheels, adaptive lighting, ambient interior lighting feature, EasyFold™ second-row remote seat release, premium leather trimmed seating with contrasting piping and stitched Lincoln star emblems on the front head restraints, and a below-floor cargo management system.
Modern Lincoln Design, Inside and Out
Lincoln MKX’s confident exterior and luxurious, quiet interior underscore the direction of Lincoln’s modern design.
The high beltline is defined by a stroke of chromed trim that caps broad shoulders, pronounced wheel lips and short overhangs that give Lincoln MKX its wide, athletic stance. Standard chromed door handles and chromed caps on each side-view mirror add a dramatic finishing touch.
Black rocker panels plant the vehicle to the ground, accentuating the standard 18-inch wheels and tires. Customers also can choose 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels for an added touch of upscale flair.
Side marker lights cut into the simple, clean fascia and bend around to the side of the vehicle. Chrome-ringed fog lamps integrated into the lower fascia echo the chrome-tipped dual exhausts.
Functional elegance also is the theme for Lincoln MKX liftgate lighting. The system uses 16 light-emitting diodes (LEDs), eight outboard and eight inboard, flanking the Lincoln star. The result is an edge-to-edge band of illumination across the width of the liftgate.
The Lincoln MKX interior is surprisingly spacious, defying its sleek exterior shape. Front seats have 10-way power adjustment including power lumbar for both driver and passenger, along with standard heated and cooled features. The second row is sure to make all occupants comfortable with available heated seats, as well as ample headroom and legroom.
In addition, the 60/40-split second row features impressive reclining angles of up to 15 degrees. It also folds in one fluid movement, either by the seat-mounted lever or a unique available EasyFold™ remote switch accessible from the liftgate. Lincoln MKX offers 68.7 cubic feet of cargo volume with the rear seats folded.
Standard interior convenience features on the 2010 MKX include power lumbar driver and front passenger seats, easy entry driver’s seat, memory driver’s seat and side mirrors, auto-dimming driver’s side mirror and Reverse Sensing System.
Vista Roof™ Lets in Mother Nature
As drivers face more congested roads, an available all-glass Vista Roof brings stress relief through its unique outward view and open-air freedom.
The Vista Roof features a large 27.3-inch by 29.4-inch forward sunroof with a one-touch-open switch for vent and tilt-and-slide operations. Dual power sunshades operate concurrently when the driver wants to block out glare. Meanwhile, the fixed 15.75-inch by 31.3-inch rear moon roof gives rear-seat viewers an outside view, too.
Lincoln MKX Safety Technologies
Standard and available 2010 Lincoln MKX safety features include:
- AdvanceTrac with RSC
- Belt-Minder® – driver and passenger
- Child safety locks – rear door
- Height adjustable safety belts
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) System
- Occupant Classification System
- Personal Safety System™ – seat belt pretensioners, load limiting retractors, dual-stage front air bags, driver seat position sensor and crash severity sensor
- Side impact air bags – driver and front passenger
- Safety Canopy® side curtain air bags; first and second row
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
Lincoln MKX Technology Features
Standard and available 2010 Lincoln MKX technology features include:
- SYNC hands-free communications and entertainment system with Traffic, Directions & Information
- Audio/MP3 input jack
- One-touch integrated start
- SecuriLock® Encryption Passive Anti-Theft System (EPATS)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- THX II-Certified audio system
- Navigation system with SIRIUS Travel Link
- Adaptive Front Lighting
- Reverse Sensing System
- Universal garage door opener
- Power Code™ remote start
The 2010 Lincoln MKX is available in FWD and AWD trim levels. All Lincoln MKX models are built in the Oakville Assembly Plant, Ontario.
Options and packages
|Ultimate Package. Includes: 18" 10-spoke polished-aluminum wheels; Adaptive headlamps; EasyFold™ rear seat-back release; Ambient lighting; Premium leather-trimmed seats with contrast piping; Stitched Lincoln Star on first-row head restraint; Rear underfloor cargo management system||$995|
|Elite Package. Same as the Ultimate Package plus: Panoramic Vista Roof™, Voice-activated Navigation System — in-dash screen and single DVD/CD/MP3 player, DVD audio/DVD video capability. Also internal hard drive for 10GB music jukebox with THX® II Certified 5.1 Surround Audio System with 14 speakers.||$5590|
|Class II Trailer Tow Package. Includes: Class II hitch receiver; Upgraded cooling fans; Larger radiator; Wiring harness with 4-pin connector||$395|
|Monochrome Limited Edition Package. Includes: Monochromatic body-color grille; 20" chrome-clad aluminum wheels; Lincoln Star-etched headlamp lenses; Premium leather-trimmed seats in Cashmere with Charcoal Black piping, and Lincoln Star stitched into front-row head restraints; Ebony woodgrain appliqués; Premium carpeted floor mats with logo; Limited Edition vehicle badge||$1095|
|Midnight Limited Edition Package. Includes: Body-color grille; Lincoln Star-etched headlamp lenses; 22" bright polished-aluminum wheels with sport-tuned suspension; Limited Edition vehicle badge; Ebony Interior Package; Premium carpeted floor mats with logo||$2495|
|Black roof rack side rails||$95|
|Panoramic Vista Roof||$1895|
|20" Chrome-Aluminum Wheels||$895|
|Limited Edition Package. Includes: 20" chrome-clad aluminum wheels; Lincoln Star-etched headlamp lenses; Premium leather-trimmed seats in Cashmere with Charcoal Black piping and Lincoln Star stitched into front-row head restraints; Ebony woodgrain appliqués; Premium carpeted floor mats with logo; Limited Edition vehicle badge||$1095|
|All-weather floor mats||$75|
|Heated rear seats||$295|
|Illuminated front door scuff plate||$295|
|Cargo Accesory Package||$160|
|Dual-Headrest DVD Entertainment System by Invision||$1995|
|PowerCode Remote Start||$345|
|Voice-Activated Navigation with SIRIUS Travel Link||$2990|
|THX II Certified Audio System||$995|