This year in partnership with the Cadena racing team, Lotus entered eighteen rounds of the British GT3 Championship with the stunning new Lotus Sport Exige GT3 racecar. The season finished with the Lotus Sport Cadena Race Team being crowned British GT3 Team Champions, with one race still remaining from their inaugural season of competition.
To celebrate this outstanding success, Lotus has launched the Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition. Based on the phenomenally quick standard-production Lotus Exige S, the Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition pays homage to the success of the Lotus Sport Exige GT3 racecar.
Each vehicle features a quad-stripe paint scheme and is individually identifiable
by uniquely numbered ‘British GT’ badges, Lotus Sport Cadena supplier decals and silver 7 twin-spoke forged alloy wheels, along with unique sports seats, door trims and Lotus Sport floor carpets. The Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition is powered by a six-speed supercharged 1796 cc engine using advanced VVTL-i technology, enabling the car to sprint to 60 mph in only 4.1 seconds and on to a top speed of 148 mph.
But the performance doesn’t stop there – the Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition can go even quicker:
The Lotus Exige S is already one of the quickest cars on the road and one of the fastest road cars on the track, but add the optional GT Pack (a UK post-registration conversion) and the Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition becomes one of the quickest cars at any price, anywhere in the world. The GT Pack has been designed specifically to enhance the car’s performance for those drivers with even more extreme track day aspirations.
It adds another 25 hp (from 218 hp to 243 hp) and 15.4 ft.lbs of torque (from 158.6 ft.lbs to 174 ft.lbs) which, as a Lotus is always very light - in this case just 930 kg – drops the 0 to 60 mph sprint to less than 4 seconds and increases the top speed to 155 mph. Of course, this higher performance has led to a requirement for uprated brakes (with 308 mm diameter 2-piece front discs with four piston calipers, uprated brake pads and silicone brake fluid), 2-way adjustible Öhlins dampers with uprated springs and an Accusump™ oil control system.
Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition Standard specifications include:
Track and Sports focused equipment:
- Uprated braided brake hoses
- Lotus Traction Control System (TCS)
- Factory fit Torsion type Limited Slip Differential
- 7 twin-spoke ultra lightweight forged alloy wheels (Silver)
- T45 Steel roll-hoop
- Leather ProBax sports seats in black/yellow featuring unique Lotus Sport Cadena trim
- Four-point harnesses
- Fully independent sports suspension utilising unequal length wishbones, Bilstein mono-tube gas
- dampers with uprated valving, uprated Eibach coaxial springs, front anti-roll bar
- Level 1 Sport exhaust
Exterior and Interior Equipment
- Lotus Sport Black metallic paint
- Lotus Sport Yellow and Arctic Silver stripes
- Unique British GT Championship decals featuring individual numbering
- Lotus Sport Cadena supplier decals on side sills
- Lotus Sport Cadena logos on front clamshell / wing
- British GT3 Championship Winners logo with unique build number
- Lotus Sport build plate
- Lotus Sport windscreen decal
- Manufacturers decals on side sills
- Leather door trim in black/yellow
- Polished aluminium gear-knob
- Polished aluminium handbrake sleeve
- Radio and single CD/RW player with 4 speakers