Although most Italians may age gracefully, they still age. The Maserati Quattroporte has been around since 2004, and has even gotten a refreshening this year. But it still needs some extra pizzaz to keep it young. So Detroit is going to be the new fountain of youth, as the Quattroporte Sport GTS will make its debut at the North American International Auto Show in January.
It is powered by a V8 4.7-liter engine, with power increased to 433 hp (3 more than the Quattroporte S that shares the engine.) The Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS also features a new shift pattern for the transmission, new black grille with concave vertical fins & Trident logo with red accents, new headlights, and a revised exhaust system that guaranteed to keep the women swooning .
The Italian sports car builder Maserati has announced that the UK pricing for their Quattroporte Sport GTS luxury sedan. The powerful four door is now on sale and can be yours starting at £89,865.
Press release after the jump.
The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS sets yet another milestone in terms of sportiness in the high performance luxury saloon segment of the automotive market. Conceived and developed as “a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury saloon”, the Quattroporte Sport GTS is the ultimate expression of Maserati’s sportiness in the Quattroporte range.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GTS in respect to the Quattroporte S concern four areas:
- the mapping of the V8 4.7 liter engine, with power increased to 323kW;
- the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
- the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
- the sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.
The sportier and more aggressive look is also evident due to the interior and exterior stylistic choices:
- the new black grille with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
- the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
- the side and rear “shadow line”, which includes black finishing around the doors, body-colored door handles and black twin oval exhaust pipes;
- the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara and leather upholstery;
- the standard trim in Titantex, a “titanium colored” composite material.
The new Quattroporte Sport GTS will be unveiled at the 2009 NAIAS in Detroit. The Maserati press conference will take place on the Maserati stand at 9:40am on January 12th, 2009.
Pricing Press release
The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS sets another milestone in the high performance luxury saloon segment. Conceived and developed as “a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury saloon”, the Quattroporte Sport GTS is the ultimate expression of Maserati’s sportiness in the Quattroporte range.
The uniqueness of the car in its segment is denoted by some important features.
First of all, it is the only car in its segment that truly offers sporty handling thanks to a suspension set-up which further enhances the Quattroporte’s already optimal dynamic balance. The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS is targeted at those customers who demand the unparalleled handling of a thoroughbred sports car even in a luxury saloon.
Secondly, it features the latest evolution of sporty automatic gear-shifting software, designed to win over committed and demanding drivers, seeking an exciting driving experience.
Last but not least, it is the only saloon in its segment with a sports exhaust which, by means of the “Sport” button, makes it possible to deploy the full power of the engine and produce a deeply enveloping and throaty exhaust note.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GTS compared with the Quattroporte S concern four areas: the engine mapping, the gearshift management software, the suspension set-up and the exhaust system.
V8 4.7 liter engine power is increased to 323kW (440 HP) thanks to the adoption of a sports exhaust system that allows the vehicle’s power to be fully exploited; specific gear-shifting software with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment; front and rear suspension featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height; sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound enhanced by large twin-oval tailpipes.
MASERATI QUATTROPORTE SPORT GTS £89,865.00
* 19” V-Style alloy wheels NCO 20" Dark Chrome 7 spoke alloy wheels or 20” Dark Chrome Multi-Trident alloy wheels £460.00
* Space saver spare wheel 18” £575.00
* Brake callipers painted Silver, Blue, Red, Titanium, Yellow £414.00
* Aluminium Pedals £207.00
* Metallic paint £540.00
* Special paint £1,725.00
* Bianco Fuji pearlescent paint £4,485.00
* Power sunroof £1,339.00
* Chrome window trim NCO
* Car cover £207.00
* Carbon fibre interior trim £828.00
* Front parking sensors £518.00
* Rear tinted windows £1,081.00
* Interior trim: Starwood/Vavona/Rosewood/Walnut Briarwood with inlay work in "Bois de Rose"/Mahogany with inlay work /Polished Wenge wood with inlay work in "Bois de Rose". NCO
* Blue Laque or Black Piano finish interior trim NCO
* Steering wheel and gear knob colour upon request £136.00
* Steering wheel and gear knob in black leather NCO
* Steering wheel and gear knob in leather colour upon request (with Alcantara/leather) £225.00
* Steering wheel and gear knob in leather colour upon request (with leather upholstery) £225.00
* Wooden steering wheel (black leather) £678.00
* Wooden steering wheel (coloured leather) £862.00
* Pull-down wooden tables, Starwood, Polished Wenge, Vavona, Rosewood, Briarwood £1,616.00
* Piping colour upon request £236.00
* Stitching colour upon request - steering wheel, gear knob and gear leather boot excluded £161.00
* Dashboard, rear shelf and details colour upon request £690.00
* Carpet piping colour upon request £58.00
* Leather upholstery NCO
* Alcantara headlining colour upon request £1,110.00
* Electrochromatic internal and external rear-view mirrors £396.00
* HomeLink - Garage door opener £402.00
* Bose Multi Media System (SatNav,RDS, DVD player,30GB hard disc drive,voice control,USB port, AUX-In plug) £2,484.00
* Rear seat entertainment (7" LCD screen, Analogue TV tuner, DVD player, AUX plug) £5,434.00
* iPod interface (requires Bose Multi Media System) £249.00
* Front TV tuner (requires Bose Multi Media System) £702.00
* Front seat heating system £517.00
* Comfort pack front seats (heating, ventilation, massage) £3,974.00
* Independently electronically adjustable rear seats £494.00
* Rear seat heating system (power rear seats included) £908.00
* Comfort pack rear seats (power rear seats with heating, ventilation, massage) £3,967.00
* Clima pack (rear climate controls, rear manual side windows sunblinds) £1,162.00
* Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) £575.00