Mazda Motor Corporation today announced the launch in Japan of the Mazda Axela Sport special edition 23ST and 20ST models. All models come with exclusive body colors and interior design and go on sale nationwide at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealers from today.
The Axela (known as the Mazda3 in overseas markets) Sport special edition 23ST and 20ST models are enhanced versions of the sporty 23S and 20S models. They are specially equipped with chrome outer door handles, 17-inch chrome-finished alloy wheels, exclusive genuine leather seats and leather door trim (black and sand-beige color combination), a Bose® sound system and an adaptor for MP3 music players such as the iPod®. These advanced features improve the vehicle’s quality and sporty look.
Main features of the special edition Axela Sport 23ST and 20ST models
23S (2.3-liter DOHC engine with FWD/5-speed ’Activematic’ AT) and Axela Sport 20S (2.0-liter DOHC engine with FWD/5-speed ’Activematic’ AT)
- Chrome outer door handles
- 17-inch chrome-finished alloy wheels
- Exclusive genuine leather seats and door trim
- Black and sand-beige genuine leather seats and sand-beige synthetic leather door trim
- Bose sound system - amplifier and seven speakers with an MP3-capable CD player Five-channel digital high-power amplifier and seven-speaker system including a 5.25-inch subwoofer (box type)
- Input terminal and 12 Volt electric power supply
- The input terminal supports portable audio devices such as iPods. The adaptor is installed inside the center console.
There are two body colors available; the new and exclusive Moist Silver Metallic, and Black Mica from the existing color lineup.