Mazda announced the launch of the special edition Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition for the Japanese domestic market. Mazda’s two-seat lightweight open-top sports car (known as the Mazda MX-5 in overseas markets) has been newly outfitted with premium features including black genuine leather seats and alloy wheels made by BBS Japan Co. Ltd. The Prestige Edition goes on sale from today at all Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealerships throughout Japan.
The Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition is based on the Roadster RS RHT and Roadster VS RHT — the premium grades of the Mazda Roadster Power Retractable Hard Top range. This new top-of-the-range sports car appropriately features heated bucket seats with black genuine leather upholstery, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels forged by BBS Japan Co. Ltd., stainless steel scuff plates and front fog lights. Additionally, a front strut tower bar (cowl connecting type) and Mazda’s Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system are specially added to the six-speed automatic transmission (AT) model.
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (including consumption tax) for the Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition is 2,950,000 yen for the six-speed manual transmission model and 3,050,000 yen for the six-speed automatic transmission model. Sales will be conducted on a made-to-order basis.
Main features of the Mazda Roadster Prestige Edition
Roadster Power Retractable hard Top RS RHT (six-speed manual transmission version) and VS RHT (six-speed automatic transmission version).
- Exclusive heated bucket seats with black genuine leather upholstery and door trim
- The high quality, refined leather bucket seats are exquisitely crafted and highlighted with bold grey stitching. The seats enhance the black interior design and match every body color.
- Driver’s side ratchet lever seat lifter
- A lever on the side of the driver’s seat can be used to adjust the seat height by 30 mm.
- Exclusive 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels forged by BBS Japan Co. Ltd.
- The alloy wheels combine ruggedness and refinement and have a highly reflective chrome finish for maximum impact. The forged aluminum also contributes to improved driving performance by reducing vehicle weight and increasing rigidity.
- Exclusive stainless steel scuff plates
- The glossy stainless steel enhances the quality of the door surrounds.
- Front fog lights (clear type) with black bezels
- Front strut tower bar (cowl connecting type)
- Specially added to the six-speed automatic transmission model. It is standard equipment for the 6-speed manual transmission base model.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system
- Specially added to the six-speed automatic transmission model. It is available for the six-speed manual transmission base model as a factory-installed option.
A range of seven body colors is available to choose from.