In the wake of the sales success of the Super Sport Edition C 180 Kompressor sedan (announced earlier this year) comes two matching stable mates. The C 180 Kompressor Sports Coupé and the C 200 Kompressor Estate are now available with the value-rich Super Sport Edition package. Like their sedan sibling, however, numbers for these two feature-enhanced models are strictly limited.
The Super Sport Edition package takes both the already-impressive standard equipment lists from the 105 kW C 180 Kompressor Sports Coupé and the 120 kW C 200 Kompressor Estate and offers customers extensive value rarely seen in this segment.
The C 180 Kompressor Sports Coupé – Super Sport Edition
This supercharged sports coupé receives the following list of additional equipment (collectively valued at well in excess of $10,000) for a premium of only $1,500, bringing the total RRP to an impressive $56,890 (up from $55,390).
- 17" light-alloy wheels, 6 spoke design in sterling silver finish
- Lowered sports suspension
- AMG body styling consisting of front apron, rear apron and side skirts
- Panoramic glass electric sunroof with tilt and slide functions
- Bi-Xenon headlamps with dynamic range adjustment and headlamp cleaning system
- Metallic paint, available in 5 colours: Cubanite Silver, Diamond Black, Iridium Silver, Jasper Blue or Carneol Red
- Leather-trimmed gear shift lever with aluminium finish shift knob
- Front radiator grille in silver with chrome finish
- Polished stainless steel oval exhaust pipe
- “Sport Edition” badges on front rub strips, left and right
- Black velour floor mats with “Sport Edition” badges
The C 200 Kompressor Estate – Super Sport Edition
This ever-impressive supercharged estate receives the same impressive list of additional sports- and comfort-oriented equipment as its sports coupé sibling but also gains the following four features, all for the same $1,500 price premium, bringing the total RRP to $70,390 (up from $68,890).
- Larger perforated front discs and silver brake callipers with black “Mercedes-Benz” lettering
- Steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles
- Glass electric sunroof with tilt and slide functions (in place of the panoramic glass sunroof, which is not available for the estate model)
- Front sports seats with electric height and backrest adjustment and manual fore/aft operation (manually-operated sports front seats are already fitted as standard equipment to the C-Class Sports Coupé range)
Naturally, in addition to the equipment generously offered in the Super Sport Edition packages, both of these popular Mercedes-Benz models also boast the usual array of extensive safety, comfort and security features the German car maker is famous.
Commenting on this special offer, Horst von Sanden, managing director for the Mercedes Car Group in Australia, emphasised the rarity of this release. “We have been surprised with the runaway sales success of the C 180K Super Sport Edition since it was announced in January.
“Many of our customers have been calling for the same value to be made available to our C-Class Sports Coupé and Estate models and it’s great that we have been able to accommodate their wishes. “Given the response to our C 180K sedan offering, I can only imagine this new offer will also be immensely popular,” concluded von Sanden.