Mercedes is expanding its C-Class Coupe line-up with the addition of a new "Sport" version. The new model will be going on sale in June 2012, along with a new "AMG Plus Sports package" with a wider choice of sporty equipment. The package is priced at $2,800.
The new C-Class Coupe Sport can be combined with the C250 and C250 CDI versions and adds a series of technical features which further increase driving enjoyment. These new features include an AMG sports suspension, more direct speed-sensitive sports steering, a sports exhaust system, and a more sporty transmission configuration in S and M mode. They will be exclusively offered in a "designo magno platinum" matte paint finish.
The new AMG Plus Sports package can be combined with any body version and adds an AMG 7-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, an AMG spoiler lip, and sports seats in black Artico man-made leather.
Hit the jump for a full list of the standard equipment.
Mercedes C-Class Coupe Sport standard equipment:
- AMG sports suspension with spring and damper setup for optimized lateral dynamics plus modified camber and bearings
- Sports braking system with larger brake discs
- Speed-sensitive sports steering with more direct ratio
- Sports exhaust system, with sound generator in the rear silencer in the case of the C 250 CDI Sport
- Engine management with more responsive accelerator mapping
- More sporty transmission configuration in S and M mode, with shorter shift times, double-declutch function and active downshift when braking
- AMG Plus Sports package: more sporty look for all model variants
AMG Plus Sports package features:
- AMG 7-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black with high-sheen finish, tyre size 225/40 R 18 (front) and 255/35 R 18 (rear)
- AMG bodystyling with front apron, side sill panels and rear apron
- AMG spoiler lip
- Sports seats in black ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA with red contrasting topstitching
- Door centre panels in black DINAMICA
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel with flattened lower section and red contrasting topstitching
- designo seat belts in red (deselectable option)
- Sports pedal cluster in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Red contrasting topstitching on selector lever, center console armrest and door panels
- AMG floor mats with red edging band