Mercury Milan challenges the perceptions of what an exceptional mid-size car should be by combining distinctive, sophisticated styling, an expressive, modern interior and segment-leading quality, all at an unexpected value.
For 2008, Milan gives tech savvy customers even more to love with the Mercury Sync™ communications and entertainment system featuring industry-exclusive, voice-activated, hands-free, in-car connectivity.
Mercury’s mid-size sedan is available in Milan and Milan Premier arrays. All Milan models are built in Hermosillo, Mexico.
Milan is designed with Mercury’s metropolitan identity in mind. It presents sleek exterior styling with cues like standard LED taillamps and satin aluminum grille and exterior accents.
The interior is urbane with available interior two-tone leather seating surfaces and standard Satin Aluminum or available Wales Mahogany interior finish accents providing a dramatic flair. Milan features several signature external design touches, including:
- The trademark Mercury waterfall grille, seen in satin aluminum on the Milan.
- Satin aluminum finish is also found on the Mercury badges and lower front fascia trim, creating visual jewelry that draws attention to its clean design.
- Milan possesses a long wheelbase and dynamic stance, highlighted by the bright chrome belt line.
- Clean, chiseled body sides flow upward from unique aluminum wheels, together establishing a strong visual profile.
Form follows Function Milan is more than just a pretty face. The elegant exterior design was created specifically to provide function as well as form. Milan customers want a car that has the flexibility to accommodate all of their needs.
Powertrain and Chassis
Milan was one of Consumer Guide’s recommended buys in the mid-size category for 2007, based in no small part on strength in driving performance. Milan presents a refined driving experience with available first-in-class all-wheel drive (AWD) technology for more responsive handling.
Performance and handling are ensured by technologies that include:
- Milan’s standard 2.3-liter I-4 engine comes equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission or available 5-speed automatic.
- The 4-cylinder engine delivers up to 160 horsepower and, when equipped with an automatic transmission, meets California’s stringent Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) standards.
- For a power boost, customers may select the optional 221-horsepower, 3.0-liter V-6, which is paired with an advanced 6-speed automatic transmission that helps deliver strong fuel economy.
- A sophisticated short- and long-arm front suspension that features double ball-joint lower control arms and coil-over shocks provides Milan with increased ride comfort.
- Ride comfort is further increased through the use of a multi-link rear suspension that performs like a double-wishbone setup.
Safety and Security
On Milan, safety is a priority, as evidenced by receiving the highest individual ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for frontal and side impact crash test performance. In addition, Milan achieved a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) five-star rating for driver side-impact crash safety. For 2008, Milan maintains this strong stance on safety, adding a standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) to the already outstanding set of features.
In addition to TPMS, other standard safety features on Milan include:
- Ford’s Personal Safety System ®. This suite of standard safety features includes dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, thorax side air bags for front seat occupants, safety belt pretensioners, seat weight sensing system for the passenger seat and crash severity sensing. Side air curtains are also standard on all Milan models.
- Safety with family in mind. Milan has the safety of its youngest passengers in mind with child safety locks on rear doors and the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) child restraint safety system.
- Belt-Minder® for driver and front passenger. Milan also comes equipped with standard side impact air bags for driver and front passenger, side impact air curtains for both first and second rows and anti-lock brakes.