If Geneva show-goers felt a sense of dÃ©jÃ vu at the Mitsubishi stand, it was probably no surprise. The new CZC, the third member of the European Colt family, is essentially unchanged from the concept version that debuted a year ago in Switzerland. The 2+2 is the latest in a growing pantheon of hardtop convertibles, and is scheduled to go on sale this coming spring.
Derived from the European Colt model built at the company’s NedCar facility in the Netherlands, Colt CZC is to go into production at Pininfarina in Italy in March this year.
Colt CZC walkaround
- Colt CZC is powered by the same 1.5-liter 16-valve DOHC MIVEC3 engine used in the Colt CZ3 and CZT offered in either turbocharged or naturally aspirated versions.
- The turbocharged engine powers the car to a maximum speed of 155 mph and realizes best-in-class acceleration of 0-60 mph in 8.4 seconds.
- The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Colt CZC’s 2+2 layout provides space to stow away the retractable hard top within a compact overall length of 3875 mm (3885 mm for the turbo model).
- Despite its cabriolet design, Colt CZC provides comfortable occupant head room without spoiling the one-motion profile that defines the series with an overall height of 1453 mm (1457 mm for the turbo model).