If Geneva show-goers felt a sense of dÃ©jÃ vu at the Mitsubishi stand, it was probably no surprise. The new CZC, the third member of the European Colt family, is essentially unchanged from the concept version that debuted a year ago in Switzerland. The 2+2 is the latest in a growing pantheon of hardtop convertibles, and is scheduled to go on sale this coming spring.
The Colt CZC
coupe-convertible has been developed with Pininfarina S.p.A. of Italy and joins the Colt
5-door hatchback and Colt CZ3
3-door hatchbacks as the third body variation in the European-built Colt
series. The 2006 Geneva Motor Show runs from February 28 through March 12 at the Geneva Palexpo exhibition and conference complex, opening to the general public on March 2.
Derived from the European Colt model built at the company’s NedCar facility in the Netherlands, Colt CZC is to go into production at Pininfarina in Italy in March this year.
Colt CZC walkaround
- Colt CZC is powered by the same 1.5-liter 16-valve DOHC MIVEC3 engine used in the Colt CZ3 and CZT offered in either turbocharged or naturally aspirated versions.
- The turbocharged engine powers the car to a maximum speed of 155 mph and realizes best-in-class acceleration of 0-60 mph in 8.4 seconds.
- The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Colt CZC’s 2+2 layout provides space to stow away the retractable hard top within a compact overall length of 3875 mm (3885 mm for the turbo model).
- Despite its cabriolet design, Colt CZC provides comfortable occupant head room without spoiling the one-motion profile that defines the series with an overall height of 1453 mm (1457 mm for the turbo model).