The current Mitsubishi Outlander Sport has been out for just three years and has already scored impressive results including the coveted "Top Safety Pick" designation by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for the 2012 model year. And now, Mitsubishi has prepared a facelift version for the company’s best-selling vehicle, which it unveiled at the 2012 New York Auto Show.
Changes for the 2013 model year include a host of design and equipment improvements: new-look front and rear fascias and side sills; interior design upgrades; revamped rear suspension; and Continuously-Variable Transmission (CVT), plus much more.
No changes have been made under the hood, which means the new model will keep its 2.0 liter inline-4 engine that delivers a total of 148 HP and a peak torque of 145 lbs-ft. The engine is combined with an Enhanced Continuously-Variable Transmission (CVT) calibration for improved acceleration performance and smoother shift feeling.
UPDATE 07/17/2012: Mitsubishi USA announced prices for the new Outlander Sport which is now available at dealers across the country. The model comes in both 2WD and AWC versions, with prices ranging from $19,170 to $23,695. Hit the jump for the full pricing list.
Hit the jump to read more about the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
Exterior and Interior
For the 2013 model year, the Outlander Sport has received a new front fascia with a trapezoidal grille opening and recessed fog lamps that feature a new, more simple, and clean shape. Mitsubishi is also offering a new chrome trim surrounding the outer perimeter of the recessed fog lamps. The exterior continues with black-colored side sills and a completely redesigned rear fascia.
The list of standard equipment includes:
- 18-in. alloy wheels
- leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- FUSE Handsfree Link System that allows voice-activated operation of -*an iPod and a cell phone, remote keyless entry
- eye-catching rear LED combination tail lamps
- heated outside mirrors
- steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- air conditioning with micron filter
- driver knee airbag
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Traction Control Logic (TCL)
- anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- an advanced front air bag SRS with passenger weight and driver’s seat position sensors, front seat-mounted side-impact air bags, and curtain side air bags with roll-over sensors
The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is powered by its usual 2.0 liter inline-4 engine that delivers a total of 148 HP and a peak torque of 145 lbs-ft. The engine is combined with an Enhanced Continuously-Variable Transmission (CVT) calibration for improved acceleration performance and smoother shift feeling. The Outlander Sport has also received a revised rear multi-link suspension for improved handling and ride comfort.
|Order Code||Description (Eng./Tran)||Suggested Retail Price||Comments|
|OS45-A||Outlander Sport ES 2WD - DOHC I4 MIVEC (2.0L/5MT)||$19,170.00||5-Speed Manual|
|OS45-A||Outlander Sport ES 2WD - DOHC I4 MIVEC (2.0L/CVT)||$20,370.00||Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters|
|OS45-D||Outlander Sport SE 2WD - DOHC I4 MIVEC (2.0L/CVT)||$22,295.00||Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters|
|OS45-B||Outlander Sport ES AWC - DOHC I4 MIVEC (2.0L/CVT)||$21,770.00||Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters|
|OS45-E||Outlander Sport SE AWC - DOHC I4 MIVEC (2.0L/CVT)||$23,695.00||Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters|
- Premium Package $2,050
- Navigation w/ Rearview Camera Package $2,000
- Navigation System Package $2,295
- Exterior Package $1,195
- Protection Package $385
- LED Illumination Package $410
- Cargo Package $225
- Interior Package $285
- All Weather Package $755
- Park Assist Sensors Package $495
The list of competitors for the Outlander Sport includes models like the Hyundai Tucson and the Kia Sportage . The Tuscon is powered by a Theta II GDI 2.4 Liter DOHC inline four cylinder engine that delivers a maximum output of 176 HP and 168 lb-ft of torque, while the Sportage features a 2.4-liter inline-4 that makes 176 HP.
- Great exterior appearance
- Improved list of standard features
- No engine updates