> 
Nextel Cup (CUP)

Nextel Cup (CUP)

Posted on by Ralph Kalal

As the Chase for the Championship in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series left Dover, Roush Fenway Ford driver Carl Dover went to the winners circle – his first win in a Chase race in two years. But the drama was after the celebration. Things turned sour when NASCAR flunked Edwards’ car on the post-race inspection. NASCAR announced that the right rear fender on the race car was too low. That means that Edwards may have won the race, but also may end up losing Championship points. This (...)
Source: Nascar
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

Robert Yates is a class act, all the way. “Ralph Earnhardt drove the No. 88 Olds in 1957 and because of this number’s history with the Earnhardt family, I felt car No. 88 should continue with Dale Earnhardt, Jr.," he said. “Younger fans don’t realize I built cars and raced against Ralph. I also had a very close relationship with Dale Earnhardt, Sr. I’m proud to transfer this number to Dale Jr." That’s it. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will drive the number 88 Hendrick Chevrolet next year, (...)
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

Fans have stopped booing Jeff Gordon. They know he’s getting a raw deal. Gordon, in fairness, should be the favorite for the Nextel Cup. Instead, fans are faced with a real possibility that Clint Bowyer could be the next Nextel Cup champion. Wouldn’t that be absurd? After winning last week’s Nextel Cup race in New Hampshire, his first Cup win this season, Bowyer is in fourth place in driver’s points, a mere 15 points behind Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson, who are tied for the points (...)
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

Jeff Burton needs a new sponsor for the number 31 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet, the one that had been sponsored by Cingular. NASCAR and AT&T cut a deal Friday to end their litigation over whether AT&T would be permitted to display its logos on Burton’s car. Perhaps expecting that it ultimately would lose, AT7T agreed to leave the NASCAR Cup series at the end of this season. NASCAR agreed that AT&T would be allowed to display its logos for the remainder of this season. (...)
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

Robert Yates Racing is, in effect, merging with Roush-Fenway Racing. The deal for Newman-Haas to buy into the Yates team is off and Robert Yates himself is out. And Ford is probably responsible for all of that. That’s the latest news about Ford’s efforts in NASCAR. In a statement issued Friday, Robert Yates simultaneously announced his retirement and the assumption of team ownership by his son, Doug Yates, who has been responsible for the day-to-day team operations. He also announced (...)
Source: paddocktalk
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

Tony Eury, Jr. will follow his cousin to Hendrick Motorsports. His cousin, of course, is Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Eury is the crew chief for Earnhardt’s Budweiser Chevrolet team at Dale Earnhardt, Incorporated. In announcing that Eury was joining Earnhardt at Hendrick, its boss, Rick Hendrick said that they "have a successful history working together. We have the utmost confidence in their ability to win races and compete for titles." Eury, Jr. began with DEI at Earnhardt, Jr’s (...)
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

Joe Gibbs Racing will switch from Chevrolet Chevrolet to Toyota for the 2008 NASCAR Cup Series. According to the Charlotte Observer, the formal announcement of the move will be at a news conference scheduled for 11 a.m. ET this coming Wednesday. Gibbs drivers Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin are expected to attend, along with Toyota officials, but there was no word on whether Joe Gibbs himself would appear. A spokesperson for Gibbs Racing, Mike Arning, reiterated the party line which Gibbs has been (...)
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

We know that not everyone is enamored of NASCAR. But even those whose interest in NASCAR racing are likely to appreciate the admission by NASCAR during the Bristol Busch race that it had blown a penalty call that probably affected the outcome of the race. Here’s what happened. During the race, in a caution period, NASCAR penalized Busch for crossing the “commitment line” between the track and pit road and then not pitting. Had Busch done that, it would have been a violation of the rules. (...)
Posted on by Ralph Kalal

The senior manager of the Dodge Motorsports program, Mike Deahanty, has confirmed that Dodge remains committed to NASCAR, despite the recent change in the company’s ownership. In fact, Dodge has renewed its present agreement with Petty Enterprises and remains committed to the Evernham Motorsports program, as well. However, the Evernham cars, currently sponsored by Dodge dealers and the United Auto Workers, may get new sponsors, with both Budweiser rumored to be interested in sponsoring a (...)

Back to top