The Japanese automaker Nissan has revealed details about both the 5-door hatchback and 4-door sedan 2010 Versa. Both models will go on sale starting in September of 2009, and start at $9,990 for the sedan and $13,150 for the practical hatchback model.
For 2010 the Nissan Versa gets a slight restyling with an upgraded grill, new interior fabric patterns, white back lit instrument cluster with Nissan’s familiar reddish orange glow. The Versa 1.8 S wears a new set of 15-inch wheel covers and new 1.8 SL hatchback gets a new set of 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels.
The entry level Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 Base and Versa Sedan 1.6 models are powered by a 107 HP 1.6 Liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine, while the Versa Hatchback and Sedan 1.8 S and 1.8 SL offer a 122 HP 1.8 Liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine standard. An added safety measure for the new Nissan is an Anti-lock Braking System that now comes standard on the 1.8 S model, while sticking around as a standard offering on the 1.8 SL.
The rest of the Nissan Versa’s standard equipment list includes: Nissan Intelligent Key, Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System, XM Satellite Radio (XM subscription required, sold separately) and an audio system with Clarion speakers and Rockford Fosgate-powered subwoofer. All these amenities add up to make the Nissan Versa an affordably practical ride.
Press release after the jump.
The Nissan Versa continues its strong appeal in the marketplace among buyers seeking fuel efficiency without sacrificing performance or roominess. Versa again features one of the highest standard horsepower/torque ratings and the largest interior in the entry-level segment – along with offering one of the lowest priced new vehicles available in the United States, the high-value Versa Sedan 1.6 model with 5-speed manual transmission.
The front-wheel drive Versa is available in two body styles, a 5-door hatchback and 4-door sedan. Versa Hatchback and Versa Sedan models are offered with a long list of standard and available equipment, including available Nissan Intelligent Key™, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately) and an audio system with Clarion speakers and Rockford Fosgate-powered subwoofer.
The 2010 Nissan Versa, which goes on sale in September 2009, features a number of refinements, including a new grille design, new sport front and rear fascias, body side sills, fog lights and rear spoiler for Versa Hatchback SL models, new wheel treatments and revised interior fabrics and finishers. Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is now standard for 1.8 S models, along with standard ABS and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) for 1.8 SL models.
The 2010 Nissan Versa is available in four models: Versa Sedan 1.6 Base and Versa Sedan 1.6 with 107-horsepower 1.6-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine and 5-speed manual transmission; and Versa Hatchback and Sedan 1.8 S and 1.8 SL with 122-horsepower 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine and choice of 6-speed manual, 4-speed automatic or Xtronic CVT™ transmission (CVT available on Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL only).
Revisions for 2010 include:
- New front grille design
- New sport front and rear fascias, body side sills and rear spoiler on Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL
- Revised 15-inch wheel covers and 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- New 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheel available on Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL
- Standard fog lights added on Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL
- New Navigation/XM Satellite Radio Package added
- Power and Cruise combined into Power Plus Package
- Moonroof Package now available Versa Hatchback only
- Auxiliary input added to base audio system, Interface System for iPod® added to upper grade radio
- Revised fabrics and finishers, SL Sport interior now standard on Versa Hatchback SL with charcoal interior
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) added to Versa 1.8 S models
- ABS and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) now standard for Versa 1.8 SL models, VDC optional for 1.8 S models