The 2011 X-Trail comes with a redesigned front grille, front bumper, and headlights. These new features allow the front of the X-Trail to look a bit more bulky yet with a nice rounded finish that was absent in the previous model . On the interior Nissan added large-size meters for better driver visibility, a vehicle information display system, and a glove compartment with heat-retention and refrigerator functions.
A new addition to the line-up is the new X-TRAIL 20GT model. It features a new 2-liter "M9R" Clean Diesel engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission (with manual shift mode).
A new system available in the 4WD models is the Advanced Hill Descent Control system. This system enables the driver to set his or her desired driving speed within the range from 4km/h to 15km/h, depending on the degree of hill grade.
Press release after the jump.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the release of the new revised X-TRAIL and the addition of a 6-speed automatic transmission model to the Clean Diesel "X-TRAIL 20GT." Both go on sale July 16th at Nissan dealers nationwide.
Following its full model change in August 2007, X-TRAIL has held the top position in the annual SUV sales ranking for three consecutive years (from FY2007 through FY2009*1). X-TRAIL’s popularity is attributed to customers’ high evaluations of its interior with high functionality (such as water repellant seats), spacious luggage area where items can be loaded efficiently, a high level of driving stability, and superior off-road capability delivered by the advanced "ALL MODE 4X4-i" 4WD system. Consumers also enjoy the excellent environmental performance of the Clean Diesel "GT20," which meets Japan’s stringent "Post New Long-term Regulations."*2 X-TRAIL is the first vehicle in the world to do so.
The latest refinements to X-TRAIL focus on the exterior, interior and the addition of a new "20GT" Clean Diesel 6-speed automatic transmission model. On the exterior, the front grille, front bumper and headlights have been redesigned to give an even bolder and sportier front-end look. Also, the combination taillights have been changed to LED, improving visibility from following vehicles in bad weather.
In the interior, large-size meters have been adopted for better driver visibility and a vehicle information display system is newly provided to display moment fuel consumption, upcoming maintenance schedules and various other information. In addition, a glove compartment with heat-retention and refrigerator functions is standard on all models.
The versatile utility that only the X-TRAIL can deliver has been further enhanced with the addition of an "Advanced Hill Descent Control" (fitted with a speed-setting function), which can set the desired driving speed suited to road surface conditions, the degree of hill grade or other situations. It has been adopted on 4WD models (except for manual transmission models).
With the addition of the new "20GT" 6-speed automatic transmission (with manual shift mode) model, Nissan now offers an advanced Clean Diesel engine model capable of delivering both superior driving and environmental performance. The X-TRAIL "20GT" is powered by the 2-liter "M9R" Clean Diesel engine that generates, from low RPM range, a level of torque comparable to that of a 3.5-liter V6 gasoline engine.
In fiscal year 2010, Nissan introduces its two-pillar strategy to reduce CO2 emissions: "zero emissions" and PURE DRIVE. PURE DRIVE vehicles are designed to achieve top-level-in-class fuel economy for mass-produced models by equipping them with optimal next-generation eco technologies, such as Idling stop, Clean Diesel and Hybrid. "20GT" is the second in the series of PURE DRIVE vehicles to be introduced in Japan.
For X-TRAIL gasoline engine-equipped models, Nissan now offers grades that meet the tax break measures*3 provided in Japan’s "tax system to promote the diffusion of environmentally friendly vehicles," thereby qualifying for 75% reductions in the automobile acquisition tax and the automobile weight tax. Meanwhile, the Clean Diesel "20GT" model is fully exempt from the automobile acquisition tax and the automobile weight tax under the said tax system. Also, as a next-generation automobile, the Clean Diesel "20GT" model is eligible for the government "subsidies (a maximum of 210k yen) intended to promote the introduction of clean diesel cars. "*4 These subsidies continue to be available for eligible cars, even after the end of September 2010 when the eco-car purchase subsidies are due to be terminated.
Major Changes to the Equipment and Specifications of the X-TRAIL (Common to All Models)
- Redesigned front grille, front bumper and headlights
- New LED combination taillights
- Redesigned 17-inch aluminum wheels, tire size changed to P225/60R17
- Choice of seven exterior colors, including Himalayan Khaki (Metallic) and Steel Blue (Metallic), among other exterior refinements
- "Vehicle Information Display" provided at the center of the meter panel - this display system is fitted with a drive computer function to indicate fuel consumption, cruising range, etc., a maintenance function to show the time to change engine oil and tires, and a warning information function to display various warnings
- Larger size meters
- Interior pillar color changed from gray to the same color as the instrument panel
- Cross seat material changed from space fabric to suede-like tricot
Mechanism and Equipment
- Newly adopted Advanced Hill Descent Control system (with a speed-setting function) for 4WD models - this system enables the driver to set his or her desired driving speed arbitrarily within the range from 4km/h to 15km/h, depending on the degree of hill grade
- Glove compartment with heat-retention and refrigerator functions adopted
- Three-point seatbelt and a headrest installed at the center of the rear seat as standard equipment
- Intelligent Key system + engine immobilizer provided as standard equipment (except for 20S)
- 6-speed automatic transmission model added to the 20GT - features a highly distributed lean NOx trap catalyst dedicated to the diesel engine and a high-precision engine management system dedicated to the AT model
- 18-inch aluminum wheels adopted on 20GT models
X-TRAIL: 2,239,650 yen to 3,139,500 yen, including consumption tax