Dynamic looks for the limited edition Mégane L’Equipe
Renault has joined forces with the French daily sports newspaper L’Equipe to produce a limited edition of the sport saloon, coupe and sport tourer versions of Mégane. Particular attention has been paid to the looks of Mégane L’Equipe which features specific upholstery, 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels, foglamps, leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever knob and a radio-CD with MP3 playback. The new limited edition car can be ordered with either the 1.4 or 1.6 petrol engines or with the 1.5 dCi diesel powerplant.
Mégane L’Equipe will go on sale in March 2007 at a price that is just €100 above that of the equivalent Mégane Authentique.
The Mégane family sees the arrival of the new limited edition Mégane L’Equipe which has been developed in association with France’s best-selling sports newspaper and which covers the model’s sport saloon, coupe and sport tourer versions.
The limited edition boasts purposely dynamic exterior looks which are underpinned by its 16- inch aluminium alloy wheels, foglamps and special L’Equipe decorative branding. A total of ten body colours – including eight metallic tints – are available, including Pavot Red which is specific to this limited edition car. Metallic options are combined with integral paint.
Inside, Mégane L’Equipe comes with specific ’Papeete’ upholstery, anodized charcoal grey decorative features, leather-trimmed steering wheel and gear lever knob and a radio-CD with MP3 playback.
Mégane L’Equipe can be ordered with either the 1.4 16V 100hp or 1.6 16V 110hp petrol engines mated with either manual or automatic transmission (automatic transmission with 1.6 16V engine only). Diesel fans can choose between the 1.5 dCi 85 and 105hp powerplants, with or without particulate filter (1.5 dCi 105hp only). Both diesel engines stand out as leaders in their respective categories in the realms of fuel consumption and CO2 emissions; the 1.5 dCi 85hp sips fuel at a rate of just 4.5 litres/100km (combined cycle) and emits just 120g of CO2/km.
Mégane L’Equipe customers also benefit from the following offers and gifts:
- Privileged membership of the Mégane L’Equipe Club (competitions, special offers, newsletter),
- A copy of the ’60 ans, 60 minutes’ book published by L’Equipe which looks back at the greatest moments in the history of sport,
- A three-month subscription to L’Equipe on-line.
Based on the Authentique equipment level of Mégane, the standard equipment delivered with the limited edition Mégane L’Equipe represents an average saving of 4.6 per cent.
Equipment list - Mégane L’Equipe (sport saloon, coupe and sport tourer versions)
- ABS + Emergency Brake Assist
- Air recycling
- Anti-submarining airbags incorporated in front seat cushions (coupe version)
- Automatic activation of hazard warning lights under heavy braking
- Automatic deadlocking
- ’Aviation’-style handbrake
- Body colour exterior mirrors and door handles
- Can-holder on front centre console
- Chilled, lit 17-litre glove box
- Coded 4x15W RDS radio-CD with MP3 playback and fingertip control
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Double optic headlamps
- Driver and front passenger adaptive airbags (passenger-side airbag deactivation)
- Driver and front passenger lateral thorax airbags
- ’Easy entry’ front seat function to facilitate access to rear seats (coupe version)
- Electric front windows (one-touch operation on driver’s side)
- Electric variable power steering
- Electronic immobilizer
- Exterior temperature display (with diesel engines)
- Front and rear curtain airbags
- Front passenger map light
- Height- and reach-adjustable three-spoke leather steering wheel
- Height-adjustable close-protection front headrests
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Integral paint (with metallic paint option)
- Integrated opening fuel flap
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage for front passenger seat and outer rear seats
- Leather steering wheel and gear lever knob
- Manual climate control with cabin air filter
- ’Nomad’ ashtray and cigarette lighter
- Open central stowage
- Passenger-side sun-visor with vanity mirror
- Renault Card keyless operation of locks and fuel flap
- ’See me home’ lights
- Three ’comma’-type rear headrests
- Three-point front seatbelts with double pretensioners (coupe version: single pretensioners) and load limiters
- Three-point rear seatbelts with pretensioners for outer seats and load limiters
- Trip computer
- Two-speed windscreen wiper plus variable speed function
- Underfoot stowage (front seats)
- 12 Volt socket incorporated in central stowage
- 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels
- 60/40-split rear benchseat