Renault added today a new version in its Megane line-up. It will join the current Hatchback, Coupé, Grand Scénic and Scénic and will go on sale at the end of this month.
The new Megane Estate is being offered with a choice of eight diesel engines and six petrol ones. Diesel line-up includes: 1.5 dCi with: 85, 90, 105 and 110 hp; dCi 130 engine that develops 130 hp, 2.0 dCi with 150 and 160 hp. Petrol line-up includes: TCe 130 with 1,8 liters and 130 hp, 1.6 16V with 100 and 110 hp, 2.0 16V 140 hp CVT and TCe 180. All the engines are mated to a six-speed manual transmission.
The new model features sporty, elegant lines, a longer wheelbase that ensure plenty of carrying capacity, low-profile windows, chrome longitudinal roofbars.
It also benefits from lots of the latest technologies: two fully-integrated, joystick-operated, centre console-mounted navigation systems: Carminat TomTom and Carminat Bluetooth DVD, a digital speedometer, Hands-free entry, 3D Sound by Arkamys.
Full details in the press release after the jump.
New Renault Mégane Estate is the fifth model in the New Mégane family to be launched after the Hatchback, Coupé, Grand Scénic and Scénic versions. Due for release at the end of this month, New Renault Mégane Estate not only features elegant, dynamic styling but is also extremely practical, with plenty of carrying capacity. It is manufactured at Renault’s Palencia plant on the same lines as the Hatchback and Coupé versions and consequently benefits from all the production-related improvements that have been introduced at the Spanish plant.
ELEGANT, DYNAMIC STYLING
Taut lines, a plunging roofline (I suggest removing ‘plunging roofline’ as it sounds as though there is restricted load room and a steeply-raked rear screen.
- Curved rear light clusters ensure a distinctive lighting signature, both at night-time and in daylight.
GENEROUS DIMENSIONS ENSURE A HIGH STANDARD OF COMFORT FOR ALL OCCUPANTS
An extended wheelbase (2,702mm, an increase of 62mm over New Mégane Hatchback) provides additional rear kneeroom of 218mm (+61mm compared with New Mégane Hatchback), which puts New Mégane Estate among the best in its segment.
- Front elbow room (1475mm) ranks among the segment’s best.
CARRYING CAPACITY AND MODULARITY ADAPTED TO THE NEEDS OF ALL CUSTOMERS
Generous boot space, extending from a minimum of 524dm3 (an increase of 119dm3 over New Mégane Hatchback) to 1,600dm3 (+466dm3 compared with New Mégane Hatchback).
- Maximum load length: 2,550mm.
- Specific stowage compartment for the baggage cover.
USEFUL, AFFORDABLE TECHNOLOGY
- A choice of two navigation systems: the integrated Carminat TomTom® system for less than €500, and the high-end Carminat Bluetooth DVD® system. - Unprecedented equipment for the compact estate segment (hands-free entry and ignition with central locking function as the card-carrier walks away from the car, electronic hand brake).
- Precise, responsive handling thanks to a new ’horned’ subframe and an extensively revised electric power steering system.
- A COMPREHENSIVE LINE-UP OF ENGINES WHICH COMBINE PERFORMANCE WITH RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
The New Mégane Estate range includes a choice of eight diesel powerplants which illustrate the ongoing optimization work carried out by Renault in a bid to offer customers the
market’s best balance between performance and running costs. Dual-clutch transmission (DCT) is due to join the range coupled to the dCi 110 DPF powerplant at the beginning of 2010.
- Six petrol engines, including the new TCe 130, as well as the 2.0 16V 140 which drives through a CVT continuously variable transmission.
- reduced servicing costs thanks to service intervals extended to every two years or 30,000km (compared with every year or 30,000km previously).
THE SAME FUNDAMENTAL STRENGTHS AS THE ENTIRE NEW MÉGANE FAMILY: SAFETY, QUALITY AND RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
Following in the footsteps of New Mégane Hatchback, which achieved the maximum EuroNCAP crash test score of 37 points from 37 at the end of 2008, New Renault Mégane Estate has benefited fully from the ongoing progress achieved by Renault not only in the field of safety, but also in quality and respect for the environment.
- Eight versions of New Renault Mégane Estate qualify for the Renault eco² signature (dCi 85, dCi 90 DPF, dCi 105, dCi 110 DPF, dCi 130, dCi 130 DPF, 1.6 110 Bioethanol).
New Renault Mégane Estate is 95 per cent end-of-life recoverable by weight, while 11 per cent of the plastic it contains are sourced from recycling.
A RANGE OF SMART, PRACTICAL ACCESSORIES
A long list of interior and exterior customization accessories, as well as a range of practical items associated with estate cars (tow bars, stowage solutions, etc.).