As you know, a few weeks ago Renault officially announced the return of the Gordini name, and the first model to carry this name is the small Twingo RS. The new Twingo Gordini R.S. will make its world debut on January 10, 2010, at the L’Atelier Renault on the Champs-Elysées, in Paris and sales will begin in march 2010.
Like any traditional Gordini model, the new Twingo Gordini RS comes painted with Malte Blue lacquered metallic finish combined with two white racing stripes.
At the exterior the car also receives front and rear bumpers enhanced by gloss black details and white contrasting finish on the fog-lamp surrounds, exterior mirror housings and lip spoiler. The car sits on either blue or black diamond-effect 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels.
On the interior Renault added Gordini sports seats, blue leather door panel inserts, blue and black leather steering wheel with two white stripes, blue gear lever bellows and Gordini-badged gear lever knob and a blue rev-counter with white surround.
Press release after the jump.
The return of the Gordini name is to be marked by the introduction of a new chic and sporty version of Renault Sport’s pocket rocket which takes a current-day stance on the cues long associated with the Gordini world.
Just as it did in the past, the combination of French racing blue, white racing stripes and stylish, quilted-leather upholstery forms an integral part of the package, with a distinctly modern touch.
The latest version of Renault’s city car, which will appeal to customers looking for a distinctive vehicle with an assertive character, exudes an unmistakably French feel and stands out as a fitting homage to everything the Gordini signature stands for. Twingo Gordini R.S. is being premiered until January 10, 2010, at the L’Atelier Renault on the Champs-Elysées, in Paris, as part of the prestige showroom’s ’Christmas in Blue’ exhibition.
It will then go on sale across Europe from March 2010.
LOOKS REDOLENT OF THE WORLD OF SPORT
Twingo Gordini R.S. features a gleaming Malte Blue lacquered metallic finish, plus two white racing stripes, in keeping with tradition. The front and rear bumpers are enhanced by gloss black details, while the foglamp surrounds, exterior mirror housings and lip spoiler are all picked out in a contrasting white finish. ’Gordini Series’ badging either side refers back to the heyday of the Gordini Cup when the qualifying heats of the different meetings were known as séries. This exclusive exterior styling package is rounded off by a choice of either blue or black diamondeffect 17-inch aluminium alloy wheels.
The same Gordini spirit prevails inside, too, thanks to:
- Renault Sport seats with extra lateral support, plus blue and black quilted, Gordinibadged leather upholstery,
- blue leather door panel inserts,
- blue and black leather steeringwheel with two white stripes to indicate the centre point,
- blue gearlever bellows and Gordini-badged gearlever knob,
- blue rev-counter with white surround,
- trimmed dashboard cowl with visible stitching.
RENAULT TWINGO GORDINI R.S.: A RENAULT SPORT MODEL FIRST AND FOREMOST
To ensure that it befits Gordini’s glorious motor sport heritage, the latest addition to the Twingo range is based on the same performance/equipment package as the Renault Sport version:
- ’Sport’ chassis with 17-inch wheels for outstanding road-holding performance that is equally suited to everyday motoring,
- a feisty, responsive 1.6-litre 133hp petrol powerplant with a distinctive, specially-tuned engine pitch under acceleration,
- precise, incisive steering for even greater fun at the wheel,
- powerful, durable braking performance.
THE TWINGO SUCCESS STORY CONTINUES
Twingo continues to enjoy considerable success in the European A-segment, with sales between January and the end of October 2009 amounting to 140,700 cars, an increase of 20 per cent over 2008.
With 83,000 cars sold in France (an increase of 53 per cent over 2008), Twingo has emerged as the best-selling small city car for the second year running and accounts for almost one sale in three. The Renault Sport versions of Twingo figure are the segment’s best-selling small sporting models and contribute to promoting Twingo’s dynamic image. Twingo Gordini R.S. is expected to win over customers looking for a sporty car with refined, distinctive styling. The newcomer combines the very best that the Twingo line-up has to offer with an indisputable French touch.
EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATED WITH CARS FROM SUPERIOR SEGMENTS
In addition to the existing, extensively-equipped Renault Sport version, Twingo Gordini R.S. features:
- Malte Blue or Pearlescent Black metallic paint,
- black diamond-effect 17-inch aluminium alloy wheels,
- automatic climate-control,
- automatic headlamp activation and rain sensor,
- cruise control with speed limiter,
- fully disconnectable ESP,
- 80W radio-CD with fingertip steeringwheel-mounted remote control, MP3 playback and separate display,
- RCA connectivity for personal music players (iPod, MP3),
- extra-tinted rear glass,
- independent, sliding rear seats for a boot capacity ranging from 285dm3 to 959dm3 (VDA).
’A LA CARTE’ CUSTOMIZATION
- ’Cup’ chassis,
- blue diamond-effect 17-inch aluminium alloy wheels,
- radio-CD Box with hands-free Bluetooth® telephone kit,
- curtain airbags,
- panoramic opening sunroof,
- Gordini key fob,
- Gordini carpet mats.
Prices will be published when order books open in France on February 15, 2010.