Rolls Royce unveiled a limited edition Phantom Silver to mark the 100th anniversary of the Silver Ghost. The special edition Phantom will be limited to only 25 units.
Rolls Royce first produced the Silver Ghost in 1906. It was powered by a six-cylinder engine and was registered AX-201. It competed in the 1907 Scottish Reliability Trial, for which it won the gold medal in its class for hill climbing speed and reliability. The Silver Ghost went on in that year to break the world record for a non-stop motor run, covering a London to Glasgow route 27 times, with mileage totaling 14,371 miles.
Rolls Royce built more than 6000 units Silver Ghost that were sold in every corner of the world. The majority are still in good running order.
The Phantom Silver is finished in a new Bespoke paint, Metallic Ghost Silver. The 21-inch wheels have chrome centres and on top of the grille sits a hallmarked solid silver Spirit of Ecstasy. Inside, Rose Leaf or Crème Light leather is accompanied by seat piping and headrests embroidered with the Rolls-Royce interlinked RR badge. Straight grained Santos Palissander wood veneer is used throughout. The same veneer is also used on a specially designed presentation box that houses the key, two solid silver key fobs and a specially commissioned solid silver Conway Stewart fountain pen.
Phantom Silver specification
- Bespoke Ghost Silver paintwork
- 21-inch alloy wheels chrome centre caps
- Roseleaf or Crème Light leather interior trim
- Santos Palissander veneered wood
- Solid silver and enamel Conway Stewart pen
- Solid silver key fob
- Solid silver Spirit of Ecstasy
- Bespoke drinks holder
- Bespoke champagne flutes and tumblers detailed with silver
- White instrument dials
- Bespoke clock matched to instrument dials
- Phantom Silver tread plates