Hold on to your pants, gentlemen! What you see here isn’t your typical, garden variety GT500 . In fact, it’s so far for ordinary that you’re going to need a couple of trains and planes to get back to your everyday existence. The image before you is of a 1000+ rwhp Shelby GT500. You can go back and reread it, but it’s not going to change. Shelby Autos and Nelson Racing Engines teamed to put together this dream machine called the GT500 Code Red, and they’re going to sell them.
The Code Red package takes the 5.4-liter V8 found in the GT500 and overhauls it using Twin 61mm Turbonetics turbochargers and an electronic boost controller mated to a 6-Speed Tranzilla gearbox. A twin fuel system was then put in so that the vehicle could operate on pump fuel and a race gas blend. Stopping power will come from Shelby/Baer front brakes with 14" cross-drilled and vented rotors and 6-piston calipers.
As if the GT500 needed anything else to convince car enthusiasts of its sheer awesomeness, Shelby and Nelson went on to include an exterior package with this phenomenal modification. The exterior package includes a carbon fiber front splitter and side rockers, Shelby Code Red rocker side stripes, a vented custom Shelby hood, and 20" Shelby Super Snake Alcoa wheels. The inside of the vehicle brings with it a twin fuel pressure, boost, water, oil temp and oil pressure gauges, but more importantly, Mastercraft 6-point competition harnesses and a Shelby-designed, welded-in 10-point roll cage because, well, you’re going to need them.
You want a piece of this scintillating muscle car? Take about $150,000 to the dealer and make a deal.
Specifications after the jump, but check out the video featuring Tom Nelson and Shelby’s own Gary Patterson taking the GT500 Code Red out for a little spin first.
- Shelby/Nelson Racing Engines twin-turbo 5.4-liter V8 with 1000+ rwhp
- Twin 61mm Turbonetics turbochargers
- Twin fuel system - pump / race gas blend
- Electronic boost controller
- Shelby / Ron Davis radiator and water-to-air intercooler
- Shelby/Baer front brakes with 14" cross-drilled and vented rotors and 6-piston calipers
- Front and rear brake duct kit
- Shelby/Eibach adjustable suspension
- 9-inch Currie rear end with 3.50 gears
- Air Locker posi with 35 spline axles
- 6-Speed Tranzilla gearbox
- Shelby short-throw shifter
- 4-inch aluminum one-piece driveshaft
- Borla mufflers
- Shelby Super Snake Alcoa wheels, 20×9 front and 20×11 rear
- Carbon fiber front splitter and side rockers
- Shelby Code Red rocker side stripes
- Vented custom Shelby hood
- Sequential taillights
- Dash, engine and sill plates with Shelby CMS sequential serial number
- Center and cage-mounted Auto Meter gauges
- Twin fuel pressure, boost, water and oil temp and oil pressure gauges
- Shelby Code Red seats with embroidered head rests
- Mastercraft 6-point competition harnesses
- Shelby-designed, welded-in 10-point roll cage