Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, unveiled at the 62nd Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) its new Subaru Justy, a model that will go on sale in Europe immediately following the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new Justy is positioned as an entry-level car in Subaru’s lineup. While offering nimble maneuverability and cabin roominess, the new Justy boasts exceptional fuel economy and low emission levels, thanks to the compact 1.0-litre engine. Two versions will be available in the European market: the sporty 1.0S, and the practical city-driving 1.0E. Both versions are front-wheel drive with 5MT. The new Justy will be supplied by Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd., under an original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreement with FHI.
Major Features of the New Justy
- Overall length 3,610mm, Overall width 1,665mm, Overall height 1,550mm
- 1.0-litre DOHC 12-valve inline 3-cylinder gasoline engine Max. output (DIN): 51 kW / 6,000 rpm Max. torque (DIN): 94 Nm / 3,600 rpm
- Front-wheel drive with 5MT
- 155/80R13 Tires with full wheel caps (1.0E) 175/65R14 Tires with aluminum alloy wheels (1.0S)
- SRS front airbags and front side airbags (for driver and front passenger)
- SRS curtain airbags (front and rear, both sides) (1.0S)
- Body colored electric door mirrors
- Chrome accented gearshift knob (1.0S)
- Manual seat lifter (driver’s seat only) (1.0S)
- ABS with EBD (Electronic brake force distribution)