Nope, this is not the Ultima GTR ! This is the Ultima GTW - a model based on the GTR, but with some impressive engine modifications! A standard GTR is powered by a 6.3-liter Chevy V8 producing 534hp and 528 lb-ft of torque, while the GTW has received a new 7.2 liter Dart Aluminum SBC engine from Peter Knight Racing that delivers a total of 648 HP and 616 lbs-ft of torque!
The project was started Wayne Lansdowne, who wanted to enhance the qualities of the existing Ultima GTR. When the project stalled out, George Williams took over and finished the build in an exquisite fashion.
The car’s body was modified by Steve Smith Custom and features a single piece carbon rear wing, modified headlights with new LED lights, and different carbon fiber elements, including new front and side splitters. The GTW now sits on a new set of Magnesium center lock Dymag one piece wheels finished in black, just like the entire body.
The interior was also modified, with Alcantara covered bucket seats in Antracite and black, a Sparco removable steering wheel, and numerous aluminum insertions.
Check out the full list of specifications after the jump.
Photo credit: George Williams.
Body - Ultima/Steve Smith Custom
- Single piece carbon rear wing (13" cord)- finished in high gloss by -*Reverie
- Modified headlights
- Enlarged grill mouth - Airflow optimised design
- Carbon finished front splitter
- Carbon finished side splitters
- Aero clip hinged to open from mounting post
- Shark Gills in top of front and rear wings to vent positive pressure
- Vents behind front wheels and side splitters
- Lightweight woven fibre rear clip
- Custom Carbon rear airscoop - high gloss finish by Reverie
- LED Modified rear lights
Interior - Custom Design
- Colour Black/Anthacite/Aluminium
- Alcantara covered buckets in Antracite and black - GTW 434 logo in headrest
- AIM dash
- Sparco removable steering wheel
- Self-timed cancelling indicators
- Bespoke switchgear inc overhead console
Engine - by Peter Knight Racing
- 7.2 Liter Dart Aluminum SBC
- Engine Capacity: 434
- Power: 648.9BHP@6,400rpm
- Torque: 616FT-LBS@4,800rpm
- Heads: Brodix track 1 CNC’d
- Rods: Carillo
- Pistons: JE
- RPM: 7,200 shift point 7,500 max.
- Camshaft: Roller
- Timing wheel: Jessel
- Followers: Solid
- Valve Springs: Double
- Rocker Gear: Jessel shaft mount roller rockers
- Oil Pump: Peterson dry sump pump
- Ignition & ecu: Motec M800
- HT Leads: Jackobs
- Distributor: Sink ref and coil packs
- Radiator: Pace ali rad with uprated fans
- Water Pump: Metzier electric remote
- Intake Manifold: Kinsler magnesium 3 x piece
- Fuel system: Kinsler individual throttle body injection with blueprinted 42lb injectors @ 73lb fuel pressure
- Air Filter: K&N
- Throttle Cable: Venhill stainless/teflon
- Fuel Pumps: 2XBosch 0044 motor sport 200ltr p/h
- Fuel hosing: Kevlar
- Headers: Piers products
- Exhaust system: Piers products
- Exhaust Newly coated by Camcoat -race satin black
- Engine bay with gold heat shield
- Starter: Powerlite
- Alternator: Brise 85 amp
- Pulleys: Serpentine
- Heavily modified Porsche G50 with Power Haus II altered ratios, side plate, LSD, steel synchro rings and selector forks.
- Transmission oil cooler
- Gearshift R/H
- Dropped floor, RAC roll cage.
- Wishbones: New 2011 spec fully rose jointed wishbones from factory. -*Geo set by AW Tracksport April 2012 - fast road.
- Brakes: AP master cylinders, 6 pot callipers and 362mm discs all round
- Shocks and springs: Ohlins gas adjustable with adjustable platforms and Eibach springs
- Wheels: Magnesium centre lock Dymag one piece rims stripped and refinished Satin Race Black, as new 2011 (perfect condition).
Other modifications: Heated windscreen,plumbed in fire system, bigger uprated battery, Prosport uprights with larger LM 3000 bearings.