We’ve already gushed over the Volkswagen Scirocco and expressed dismay about the car’s absence in America. So it does sound like we are gluttons for punishment because we now present to you the Scirocco featuring Volkswagen’s always attractive R-Line equipment package. Just don’t judge us when if start crying on our keyboards because we can’t get a chance to enjoy the Scirocco R-Line.
Volkswagen’s pretty smart about how its approached the Scirocco. It knows that the sports hatch is a popular sell in Europe so by leaving out a few aesthetic and aerodynamic components, it can create an R-Line package that Scirocco customers will be rushing to buy.
Take a look at the exterior goodies that come with the Scirocoo’s R-Line package. It includes flared sills, fog lights, R-Line front and rear bumpers,ventilation grilles in the rear, a rear spoiler, black grille with an R-Line logo and a new set of 18-inch "Salvador" alloy wheels. The Scirocco’s R-Line package brings out a sportier and more aggressive side of the Scirocco that not a lot of people knew existed.
Inside, more upgrades are in store from the R-Line package, including fancy cloth upholstery with Alcantara bolsters, black headliner, "Carbon Touch" inlays, a leather sports steering wheel with the R-Line logo, Piano Black radio bezel. steering wheel accents and door pull handles, stainless-steel pedals, and aluminum sill plates that also feature the R-Line logo.
Optional add-on equipment includes a Leather Package Vienna that comes with R-Line logos, Crystal Grey stitching, heated seats, electric lumbar adjustment and a smattering of chrome accents, and a multifunction steering wheel.
The exterior package will set you back an extra €2,060 ($2,857), while the interior package checks in at €845 ($1,171). Taken together, the whole package is available at a total price of €3,231, which is a little $4,481based on current exchange rates. Opting for the Leather Package Vienna adds another €2,195 ($3,044).
Click past the jump to read more about the 2014 Volkswagen Scirocco.
We already know that the Volkswagen Scirocco isn’t making a trip across the Atlantic anytime soon. But that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it from afar. After all, we’re in the business of appreciating cars no matter where they are in this world.
The spiffy Volkswagen Scirocco soldiers on with a dynamic design that clearly has a lot of American customers scratching their heads on why the Scirocco hasn’t made its way in the U.S. The refined style of the 2014 model is most evident on the front section with new light signatures on the headlights and new aerodynamic blades just to the side of the bumper.
The 2014 Volkswagen Scirocco comes with a wide range of powertrain options, beginning with the small 1.4 TSI that produces 122 PS, all while returning an impressive 42 mpg. From there, the rest of the Scirocco’s engine lineup features a 2.0-liter TSI that develops 210PS and two 2.0 TDI engines that produce 140 PS (BlueMotion engine) horsepower and 177 PS, respectively.
New sporty R-Line packages extend the range of the Golf Variant and the new Scirocco
The range for the Golf Variant and the new Scirocco will be expanded with new R-Line packages. The designed by Volkswagen R equipment packages underline the dynamism and sporty appearance of the models. Effective immediately, the R-Line "Exterior" package and the R-Line ’interior’ pack are optional order. For the Golf Estate is additionally the R-Line "Sport Package" available.
The R-Line "Exterior" package for the Golf Variant emphasizes the striking look of the vehicle The following services are part of the package scope.:
- R-Line front and rear bumpers in R styling
- R-Line specific ventilation grille black, shiny
- Radiator grille with R-Line logo
- R-Line specific flared sills
- Sporty painted diffuser for single and twin exhaust tailpipes, black
- Fog lights
- Vertical rear spoiler
The package is available for the trim levels Highline at a price of 1,055 euros and Comfortline at a price of 1,240 euros.
By R-Line "interior" package of the Golf Variant The interior also receives a decidedly sporty touch contents of the package are.:
- Headlining in black
- Multifunction sports leather steering wheel with R-Line logo and decorative stitching in Crystal Grey
- Inlays "Black Lead Grey" for instrument panel on the passenger side and door panels
- Inlays "Piano Black" for instrument panel on the driver’s side and center console
- Pedal caps in stainless steel
- Sports front seats
- Upholstery in fabric "Race" / microfiber "San Remo" with decorative stitching in crystal gray and R-Line logos in the backrests of the front seats
- Gear lever knob in leather (switching tulip and center armrest with decorative stitching in Crystal Grey)
- R-Line logo on the Home screen
- Sill plates front in stainless steel
The package is available for the trim levels Highline for the price of 650 euros and Comfortline for the price of 955 euros. Additionally, the leather trim "Vienna" will be offered for the R-Line "interior" package (for Highline at a price of 1,775 euros and for Comfortline at a price of 2,140 euros).
The R-Line "sports package" gives the Golf Variant a particularly dynamic driving experience The package includes.:
- Sports suspension
- Progressive Steering
- Tinted rear window and rear side windows
- The R-Line "sports package" will cost 435 euros and is available for all equipment lines of the Golf Variant available.
The new Scirocco with its typical for a sports coupe lines already adds a sporty standards. With the R-Line equipment packages, the sporting character is emphasized more strongly. The main content of the R-Line "Exterior" package are:
- 18’’ alloy wheel "Salvador" in Grey Metallic
- R-Line front and rear bumpers in the "R" styling
- Ventilation grille as design elements in the rear area
- Radiator grille black with "R-Line" logo
- Flared sills in the "R" styling
- Rear spoiler in the "R" styling
- Fog lights
- The package is available at a price of 2,060 euros.
The highlights from the R-Line "interior" package for the Scirocco:
- Upholstery in fabric with "R-Line" logo design "Race", cheek insides in Alcantara, with decorative stitching in Crystal Grey
- Headlining black
- Inlays "Carbon Touch"
- Radio panel, steering wheel and door pull handles decor in "Piano Black"
- Leather sports steering wheel with "R-Line" logo in the steering wheel insert
- Pedals in stainless steel
- Sill plates in aluminum with "R-Line" logo
- Optional: Leather Package Vienna with "R-Line" logo and decorative stitching in crystal gray, with heated seats, electric lumbar support and chrome package
- Optional: Multifunction leather steering wheel with "R-Line" logo
The "interior" package is available at a price of 845 euros. Additionally, the leather trim "Vienna" for the R-Line "interior" package at a price of 2,195 euros will be offered.