Walworth County Economic Development Alliance (WCEDA)
WCEDA is an economic development coproration that works with business and government to retain, expand and grow businesses.
23 October, 2009 .
• WCEDA has had contact with Jon Flickinger, President and COO of Buell and representative of Harley Davidson.
• WCEDA anticipates a meeting with Mr. Flickinger sometime in the next 10-days or so. At this time, a fixed date for the meeting has not been set.
• The conversation with Mr. Flickinger was general in nature and revolved around the Buell’s level of integration into the Harley Davidson system
• WCEDA briefed Mr. Flickinger as to WCEDA’s and the Village of East Troy’s objective: Identifying and exploring options that might be available that would enable the Buell motorcycle to continue to be produced in East Troy.
• Mr. Flickenger acknowledged that he and Harley were aware of the concerns and we could meet so as to present them personally.
• There are no outcomes projected for the anticipated meeting
• WCEDA’s initial primary contact with Buell and Harley will be Jon Flickinger.