For the upcoming Le Mans MotoGP race, Yamaha France has released just four different race replicas of their four MotoGP riders. So the Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo replicas feature the Fiat-Yamaha color scheme, while those of Ben Spies and Colin Edwards received the Monster Tech3 Yamaha paintjobs.
But there’s actually much more to these bikes than just paint; there’s a small race kit, which includes:
- Bike seat cover with the official team colors bearing the number of pilot
- Pair of YEC racing levers
- Replica helmet of the MotoGP rider whose race replica you’ve chosen (which can be signed by that rider was well)
- Official Yamaha team shirt,
- 2 paddock passes paddock at Le Mans for the Moto GP weekend
- “Wild card” track day with Yamaha instructors
- Certificate of authenticity and a plaque attached to specific authentication framework makes these machines truly unique.
Most importantly, the four Yamaha GP riders are the ones handing in the keys and that has probably the most to do with the fact that only the Colin Edwards replica is still available despite the €16,990 price tag, $1,000 more than what Europeans would pay for a standard R1.