It is certainly no easy matter to take the lead in a class as fiercely competitive as the middleweight naked class. A class where the battle is not just about technology and performance, but also design, component rationality and riding ease and pleasure, elements which are not always compatible and are particularly demanding for designers and engineers.
Aprilia accepted this challenge and addressed it by applying its own successful philosophy to a completely new design, destined to set new standards for years to come. A bike both strongly aggressive and at the same time clean-cut and elegant, in perfect Aprilia style. A bike at the top of its class for its sporty personality, designed on the basis of the know-how of a company which has to date won 250 world championship victories.
Key features of the new Shiver include:
- Racing brakes with radial mounted caliper at front
- 90° V2 engine with four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft and liquid cooling
- Ride-by-Wire technology for electronic control of the throttle bodies
- Electronic fuel injection with latest generation injectors
- Mixed gear and chain valve timing
- Three way catalytic converter on the exhaust, with Lambda oxygen sensor
- Modular trellis/aluminium frame for high torsional rigidity
- Aluminium swingarm with reinforcement truss and lateral shock absorber
- 43 mm upside down fork