There will be even more to see and do at the third annual Royal Enfield Open Weekend at the Watsonian-Squire factory in the Heart of England and this year visitor numbers are expected to exceed 2,000 over the two days.
The weekend provides both owners and those considering investing in a brand new classic with an unrivalled opportunity to view the current range of motorcycles on offer, including UK-only specials, as well as the 2008 collection of genuine accessories. A fleet of demonstrator bikes is available throughout the weekend, with IAM guides to accompany riders around local roads, and there are sidecar rides and access to the historic sidecar factory too.
New features for 2008 include:
- Winners Enclosure for best machines ridden to the event with prizes for overall winners
- Technical ’how to’ seminars covering routine maintenance for beginners.
- Spares Counter open throughout the weekend
- Treasure Hunt around the site with goody bags for winners
- Meet Bike Astur Tours, the only resident motorcycle touring company in the North of Spain.
Home cooked refreshments will be on offer and much more besides, with proceeds from selected activities going to the Chris Jones Memorial Fund (over 400 was collected in 2007). The Third Annual Royal Enfield Open Day will be held at Watsonian Squire, Blockley, near Moreton-in-Marsh on Sat/Sun 14/15 June 2008.