There’s little what people reproach to the standard Triumph Bonneville , but at seeing what the guys at Deus can do with it, suddenly there’s a whole lot needing to be improved. If it is to follow the Deus recipe, the Bonnie would have to be 2 inches lower and 2.5 inches longer than the original. Still, the modified rear frame section makes for a 4 inches shorter tail section.
This gives ‘Dave’s Bonny’ an aggressive stance and sure makes it a greater performer at high speeds, but there’s a whole list of features that make this café racer special. While you can check those out in the list found below, we’ll just name some of the parts that make this project stand out. To begin with, the tricked out Bonnie features a Kawasaki W650 tank with the fuel injection unit tucked inside and a Deus fiberglass seat unit. At the front, Dave gets 41mm clip-ons from Australian specialist Tingate and Triumph Trophy 955 handbar controls. We also like the Deus headlight brackets.
In the end, the bike looks nice and clean with all the wiring hidden but it is the custom paint job by Dutchy that finishes it even nicer. Also note the black powdercoated engine covers and 2-pack gloss black fuel injection bodies.
- 7-inch side mount headlight
- Deus headlight brackets in alloy
- Integrated indicator lights in top of headlight
- Smooth top tree
- Deus speedo bracket
- 41mm Tingate clip on bars. Handlebars converted from 1″ to 7/8″
- Triumph trophy 955 handle bar controls w/ custom cables
- Clip-on mirror
- Relocated ignition switch, British ribbed-style grips
- Front suspension lowered 2 inches
- Ikon tri-rate dampers—lowered 2 inches
- Alloy “H” pattern rims: 18” rear, 19” front, with stainless spokes
- Firestone tires, 4.00×19 front and 4.50×18 rear
- Black braided brake lines
- W650 gas tank: shaved, smoothed, knee dents added, fuel injection unit inside tank, Monza race cap.
- Deus fiberglass seat unit modified to suit frame
- Custom seat upholstery
- Round stainless stop light on custom brackets
- Rear frame section modified to accept seat and shortened 4 inches
- Alloy turn signals
- Hidden horn and rectifier/regulator
- Hidden wiring throughout and re-wiring of half the bike
- Swingarm stretched 2.5 inches
- Alloy sprocket
- HPC coating on standard header pipes. Maddass mufflers also in HPC with polished tips
- Fuel injection bodies 2pack gloss black
- All engine covers in powder coat black
- Custom engine sprocket cover
- Norman Hyde rear set pegs
- Full custom paint job by Dutchy