- Single-cylinder four-stroke with light alloy cylinder
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 50 HP@ 6250 RPM
- Torque @ RPM:
- 45 lbs/ft@ 5200 RPM
- 659 L
The Pegaso is synonymus with limitless adventure, travel, and off-road excitement, plus effortless riding. Aprilia’s version of the legendary winged horse now flies even higher as the Pegaso 650 Trail, the bike for all occasions. This tireless, unstoppable and faithful travelling companion really is the universal motorcycle for the go-everywhere rider.
In the history of motorcycling, no name has been more apt for a machine made to satisfy its rider’s need for freedom. In Greek legend, Pegasus was the winged horse, a symbol of power and freedom.
Ever since it was introduced, the Aprilia Pegaso has perfectly embodied the universal motorcycle concept. Cleverly designed and attractively styled, the Pegaso has always been packed with advanced technology and has always satisfied needs as diverse as urban mobility and long distance touring. And no matter how you use the Pegaso, enjoyment is guaranteed, in keeping with Aprilia’s philosophy that biking should be fun.
The APRILIA PEGASO 650 TRAIL continues the success story that began over 12 years ago, and has since taken the Pegaso to the top of the international sales charts, establishing it as the world’s best 650 cc enduro.
The latest Pegaso is a better all-round motorcycle than ever before. The PEGASO 650 TRAIL in particular is better at long range touring, thanks to superior comfort, an advanced new engine and a large number of innovations aimed at improving versatility. And all this has been achieved without affecting the bike’s great autonomy and simple, easy-riding characteristics; characteristics that have made the Pegaso such a tremendous success over the years.
Just as the original Pegaso established new records for its class, the new PEGASO 650 TRAIL sets the pace for single cylinder motorcycle technology. It boasts a modern, four valve, dry sump engine with electronic fuel injection and a 44 mm throttle body, a superbly strong diamond shaped steel frame, spoked wheels with medium-knobbly tyres for great handling on and off the road, and many more advanced features.
Like all Aprilia motorcycles, the Pegaso Trail is designed according to the “active riding” concept. Agile, dynamic, fast, and extremely satisfying to ride, it fulfils all your needs for mobility and adventure too. The Pegaso Trail is more than able to take you and your passenger to the four corners of the globe.
Thanks to a total steering angle of 70° (35°+35°), the new Pegaso 650 Trail is amazingly agile around town, and the perfect companion for day to day commuting. On the other hand, its superior comfort, and the two-position adjustable windshield fitted as standard, enable the Pegaso 650 Trail to double up as an unstoppable long distance tourer, over all sorts of terrain.
Like its sister bike, the Pegaso Strada, the dynamically styled Trail makes you want to ride it the moment you see it. With its unmistakably aggressive and eye-catching looks, this is a motorcycle made to tackle any journey in style. The Pegaso 650 Trail is so unmistakably Aprilia in look and feel, you just can’t help standing out from the crowd.
The liquid cooled, four valve, single cylinder engine is fuelled by an advanced electronic injection system, specially designed for sparkling performance, miserly fuel consumption and, of course, environmentally friendly emissions. The engine delivers power in a way that translates into exceptional ridability under all conditions.
The Pegaso engine uses Aprilia’s acclaimed dry sump lubrication system. This new Aprilia single cylinder power unit stands out for its compact design and extremely advanced specifications. 50 HP (37 kW) at 6,250 rpm mean that the engine is not only tireless but great fun too. Powerful and flexible, it boasts a fantastic torque curve that gives the Aprilia Pegaso 650 Trail the muscle you need to come out on top in all conditions.
The new Pegaso 650 Trail respects the environment too. Like all Aprilia motorcycles, it incorporates the latest clean technology, because fun and performance should not damage the environment. The catalytic converter in the exhaust system cuts emissions to the threshold of the current Euro 2 standard.
Other important characteristics of this sophisticated engine include a vibration damping counter-shaft for improved comfort and a single, 44 mm throttle body with the latest generation fine spray injector.
The Pegaso 650 Trail’s compact, single beam steel frame is the perfect backbone for this all-round enduro. The frame is amazingly light yet offers unrivalled rigidity and excellent access for mechanical maintenance.
A great deal of care has gone into calibrating the suspension too. As a result the suspension system combines effective damping and fantastic comfort. The new Pegaso 650 Trail’s robust fork has the thickest stanchions in its class (45 mm) and permits a wheel travel of 170 mm. The result is a perfect balance between easy riding, controlled braking and effective damping over rough ground.
The gas-filled Sachs monoshock at the rear is adjustable in rebound and spring preload, and is calibrated for maximum comfort and traction on all surfaces without penalising riding satisfaction. Rear wheel travel is also 170 mm.
The spoked aluminium wheels are a classic enduro feature. In keeping with proven off-road motorcycling technology, the Pegaso 650 Trail is equipped with a 19 inch front wheel, perfect for easy control over rough ground and precision steering on the tarmac.
Seat height has been kept at only 820 mm to make the Pegaso 650 Trail really easy to ride. Riders of all statures, including lady riders, will find it easy to get their feet firmly on the ground. The seat is designed for maximum control over all types of terrain, without ignoring the needs for rider and passenger comfort on long road journeys. For taller riders who want a more long-legged seating position, a higher seat (+ 40 mm) is available as an optional accessory.
The new Pegaso 650 Trail is equipped with a standard-setting braking system incorporating top quality components. The front brake features a 300 mm disc and a twin-piston caliper for supersport-style stopping power and control.
This powerful front brake is complemented by a 240 mm rear disc with floating caliper.
The entire system has been calibrated for efficiency, power, and instant action.
As you would expect from an Aprilia, every component on the Pegaso 650 Trail is a world-class, prestige part.
The following components deserve special mention:
- The generous, sporty looking instruments provide all the information you could possibly need. The analogue rev counter is complemented by a large, multi-functional digital display complete with on-board computer for all essential information.
- A mouse on the left hand switch group allows easy computer navigation and consultation.
- Various languages can be selected to provide an easy to read user interface.
- Service codes provide rapid engine diagnostics (CO adjustment, ECU diagnostics, system errors, and service intervals).
- The gear change threshold is user variable.
- Function and warning lights for fuel reserve, coolant temperature and battery charge.
- Immobiliser with emergency reset by means of a user programmable PIN number for total security and easy operation.
The system can be reprogrammed by Aprilia Technical Assistance to run new software releases and custom graphics etc. using Axone 2000 software and the bike’s own diagnostics connector. The computer is safe and easy to use thanks to a convenient switchgear control that lets you select the display function you want without having to take your hands off the handlebars.
- 2 storage compartments. The front compartment can be opened electrically from a button on the handlebars, so there is no need to remove the key from the ignition. The second, under-seat compartment provides a generous amount of storage space. On top of its amazing performance, the Pegaso 650 Trail gives you great ergonomics and practicality. The tank-top and under-seat storage compartments combine to provide ample room for small items. The seat also comes with provision for hooking up an elastic luggage net to improve carrying capacity on long journeys and holidays. For convenience, the tank-top compartment is opened by a button on the handlebars, so your small change, mobile phone and toll tickets are always to hand even with the engine running. The under-seat compartment is the biggest ever seen on a bike of this type and provides plenty of room for your waterproofs and other personal effects.
- The fairing windshield adjusts to two positions to provide ideal wind protection for riders of all statures.
- The electronic immobiliser can be reset in an emergency using a user programmable PIN number.
- The large headlight cluster incorporates simultaneously lit twin dipped and main beam units.
- The self-supporting nose fairing also supports the headlights and instrumentation. Fewer parts means fewer screws, greater strength and less weight.
Like all Aprilias, the new Pegaso 650 Trail benefits from a wide range of dedicated accessories to enable you to adapt your bike to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Adjustable front brake lever
- Luggage rack
- New Concept top box (28 litres)
- Street Case top box (45 litres)
- Expandable, semi-rigid panniers in high-tech textile with secure, lockable fittings. Total capacity closed: 25 litres. Total capacity expanded: 34 litres.
- Tank protector and tank bag in high-tech textile (complete with rain hood). Capacity 14 litres.
- High seat (+ 40 mm.)
- Slip On Street Legal Aprilia by Akrapovic titanium exhaust kit
- Carbon hand guards, hinged on handlebars
- Carbon parts (exhaust pipes protection, heel guards, sump guard)
- Electronic anti-theft system
Engine: Single-cylinder four-stroke with light alloy cylinder. Liquid cooling with three way pressurised circuit. Single overhead cam with chain timing drive; four valves. Anti-vibration counter-shaft.
Fuel: Unleaded fuel.
Bore and stroke: 100 x 84 mm.
Displacement: 659 cc.
Compression ratio: 10:1.
Max. power at crankshaft: 50 HP (37 kW) at 6,250 rpm.
Max. torque at crankshaft: 6.25 kgm ( 61.31 Nm) at 5,200 rpm.
Fuel system: Integrated electronic engine management system. Electronic fuel injection. 44 mm throttle body.
Starting: Electric starter.
Alternator: 290 W
Lubrication: Dry sump with oil pump.
Gearbox: 5 speed. Transmission ratios: 1st 12/30; 2nd 16/26; 3rd 20/23; 4th 22/20; 5th 26/20
Clutch: Multiple disc in oil bath. Cable operated.
Primary drive: Spur gears. Transmission ratio: 36/75.
Final drive: Chain. Transmission ratio: 15/44.
Frame: Steel, open cradle, single spar frame.
Front suspension: 45 mm fork. Wheel travel 170 mm.
Rear suspension: High strength steel swingarm. Aprilia Progressive System (APS) rising rate linkages. Sachs hydraulic monoshock with adjustable rebound and preload. Wheel travel 170 mm.
Brakes: Front: Brembo stainless steel disc, 300 mm. Two-piston floating caliper. Rear: stainless steel disc, 240 mm. Floating caliper.
Wheels: Aluminium spoked. Front: 2.15 x 19"; Rear: 3.00 x 17"
Tyres: Front: 100/90-19; Rear: 130/80-17
Dimensions: Max. length: 2,160 mm; Max. width: 810 mm; Ground clearance: 270 mm; Seat height: 820 mm; Wheelbase: 1,479 mm
Tank: Capacity 16 litres, 3.5 litre reserve.
Accessories: Adjustable front brake lever; luggage rack; 28 and 45 litre top boxes; semi-rigid panniers in high-tech textile with secure, lockable fittings; tank protector and tank bag in high-tech textile; high seat (+40 mm), Slip On Street Legal Aprilia by Akrapovic titanium exhaust kit, carbon hand guards hinged on handlebars, carbon parts (exhaust pipes protection, heel guards, sump guard), electronic anti-theft system.