Beta launched the 2013 version of the 350RR model. The most important improvement is the new 350cc engine which respects the latest standards in terms of technology and performance. The new single cylinder, Titanium 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled engine is mated on a modern six-speed transmission.
Apart from the new engine, the 2013 Beta 350RR has also lost some weight due to the new inner tubes, the redesigned swingarm and the modified frame.
The ride quality is assured by a new 48mm Sachs front fork and a rear shock absorber with improved settings.
Moreover, the motorcycle also features a completely new fuel tank that was entirely redesigned compared to the previous one, offering a better centering of gravity and improving the overall agility.
The 2013 Beta 350RR rides on 21” front and 18” rear rims shod in Michelin Enduro Competition tires.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Beta 350RR.
Available in four engine displacements 350cc – 400cc – 450cc and 498cc, RR Enduro 4T 2013 have been developed focusing on weight reduction, improved ergonomics and ease of handling under race conditions. The engines have been improved by a series of local details aimed to improve the already excellent reputation for reliability and performance.
The final result is a bike that is one of the lightest in its class, with an excellent riding position appreciated by both racers and hobby riders who will benefit from special Beta handling and stability, in addition to the exceptional performance.
- Silencer modified in the internal structure, to obtain a power curve even more favorable and to reduce the weight. And in full compliance with Phonometric FIM/2Metremax rules.
- New decompression system for easy start of the engine in any condition.
- Air filter newly designed to improve the power delivery of the engine especially at lower RPM.
- New filter cage with improved fit to offer a more secure mounting of the air filter.
- Air filter mounting bracket changed to make the locking of the filter even more secure.
- New frame reinforced at the points of greatest stress and lightened where possible, designed to be stronger and at the same time provide a consistent weight reduction. Complete new wheels thanks to:
- Brake discs with a different profile, more rigid with 6 mounting points to the hub, made of high quality steel, they provide extremely strong braking action as well as excellent feel.
- New hubs, lighter and more rigid at the same time.
- Rims with a new profile, more resistant to stress and very light at the same time.
- All new spokes
- Special inner tubes for a further reduction of weight. The above leads to a weight reduction of 1.5 kg (3.2 lbs) total between the two wheels which provides a tremendous benefit in terms of ease in changing direction, greater acceleration and more effective braking.
- New swingarm with a new shape and revised thicknesses to provide a greater rigidity, better weight distribution and reduction of the masses of 250 grams (.5 lb)
- 48mm Sachs front fork internal parts completely renovated and .48 kg spring. This allows a better control of the hydraulic system which results in further performance on both low and high speed conditions. In addition, the rebound setting is now managed by a knob for easy adjustment without tool.
- Rear shock absorber with improved settings, 5.2 Kg spring and a larger reservoir to provide a better control of the shock’s action, improved cooling and therefore better performance. In addition, the body of the shock absorber is now made of aluminum allowing a saving of weight of 300 grams (.6 lbs).
- Completely new fuel tank, redesigned to offer a better centering of gravity and allow quicker changes of direction. The area around the cap is now lower for better ergonomics and it has a capacity of 8 liters. Moreover its design improves the air flow from the radiators to help lower engine temperatures.
- New fuel tank cap with an external thread for easier opening and closing as well as to prevent dirt from falling into the tank.
- Seat with a new side profile and a different design. It allows greater ease of movement thanks to a narrow upper part, in addition to being lighter.
- Modified seat mounting system, improved design in the front and new fixing pins in the rear. Still a quick-release design but now a more solid fit.
- New side radiator shrouds with a design that allows for better flow and increased air circulation in the area around engine head. Their shape provides a very slim feel for an improved riding position while also allows better airflow to the engine.
- Radiator grids with an optimized shape for directing a greater air flow towards the radiators, while providing the engine improved cooling under extreme conditions of use.
- New instrumentation, lighter, with a bigger display, better lighting and easily readable. In addition lights and arrows indicators are integrated, for improved ergonomics of the handlebar area.
- Stiffened rear subframe in the back area for better supporting the plate support, lightened and modified to facilitate the replacement of the rear shock.
- Plate support stiffened by ribs, to enable the use of bulky and heavy license plates too.
- Air filter box modified to match the new style of the bike.
- DID o’ring chain for extreme smoothness and best quality.
- Completely renovated Graphics which emphasize the slim design of the bike and at the same time enhance the racing feeling.
|EngineType||Beta-Built single cylinder, Titanium 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter|
|Ignition||DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan.|
|Spark Plug||NGK LKAR8A-9|
|Lubrication||Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain, Regina|
|Frame||All New (2 lb. weight savings) molybdenum steel/double cradle w/quick air filter access|
|Dry Weight||234 lbs. dry|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2 US gallons|
|Front Suspension||48 mm Sachs USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound, TFX technology|
|Rear Suspension||New Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression|
|Front Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Rear Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Final Gearing||14t front, 50t rear|
|Front Brake||260mm rotor|
|Rear Brake||240mm rotor|
|Front/Rear Rim||21” (Front) 18” (Rear)|
|Front/Rear Tire||Michelin Enduro Competition|
|Warranty||6 month Limited Warranty|
*specifications subject to change without notice.