Beta revealed its new 2013 450S motorcycle. The 2013 Beta 450RS was especially created for off-road riding and features a Beta-Built single cylinder, Titanium 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled engine. The engine is brought to life by an electric starter with back up kick starter and its power is kept under control by a six speed transmission. It is also worthy of being mentioned that the 2013 model comes with a new clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action. You also get a redesigned cylinder head including reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner.
The motorcycle is built on a redesigned frame especially developed to improve the overall stability and handling. As far as suspensions are concerned, the 2013 Beta 450RS features a new Sachs 48mm fork with TFX technology with adjustable compression and rebound, and a rear Sachs shock absorber with adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Beta 450RS.
2013 Beta 450RS Features
- Redesigned cylinder head including reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner to help reduce engine noise.
- New clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action.
- Updated counterbalance bearings for increased reliability.
- Stronger cam chain guides
- Increased oil volume to the engine cam chain for reduced friction.
- New oil drain plug for easier oil changes.
- All new Sachs 48mm fork with TFX technology, developed by Sachs exclusively for Beta. This new design allows the fork to move through its stroke with very little friction.
- New SKF fork seals and wipers with self-lubricating compounds to also reduce stiction.
- New triple clamp to match perfectly with the new front fork.
- Redesigned frame with extra gussets as well as an increased tube diameter on the lower tubes. This new frame has less flex and has improved stability.
- New front and rear brake rotors.
- New Brembo clutch master cylinder for a better clutch feel and engagement.
- Redesigned muffler (Spark Arrestor) offers better flow while retaining a quiet exhaust note.
- Redesigned front headlight and front fender support
- Striking new red color for 2013
|Engine||Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, Titanium 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter|
|Ignition||DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan|
|Spark Plug||NGK LKAR8A-9|
|Lubrication||Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain, Regina|
|Frame||Molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port. Quick Air filter access from the side|
|Dry Weight||249 lbs. dry|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2.1 US gallons|
|Front Suspension||45mm Marzocchi USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound|
|Rear Suspension||Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression|
|Front Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Rear Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Final Gearing||14t front, 45t rear|
|Front Brake||260mm rotor|
|Rear Brake||240mm rotor|
|Front/Rear Rim||21” (Front) 18” (Rear)|
|Front/Rear Tire||Michelin Enduro, DOT approved|
|Warranty||12 month Limited Warranty|
*specifications subject to change without notice.