The guys from BMS Choppers have always managed to pleasantly surprise us with their attractive motorcycles and the MCclimond’s Warrior is one of their best models.
The 2004 version of the BMS Choppers Mcclimond’s Warrior is built on a lightweight aluminum frame with a 41mm inverted fork and an aluminum swingarm. The stopping power is assured by monoblock brake calipers and the motorcycle’s alloy custom wheels are shod in sticky performance tires.
At the heart of the BMS Choppers Mcclimond’s Warrior lies a pushrod, air-cooled, fuel injected, 102 cubic inch (1670 cc) V twin engine which is paired with a 5-speed, close-ratio transmission with multi-plate wet clutch.
Compared to the previous versions the 2004 Warrior received revised rider and passenger foot peg location, new handlebar design and an all-new two piece seat which offers a more comfortable ride.
Hit the jump for more information on the BMS Choppers Mcclimond’s Warrior.
American Suspension frontend, RC Components Wheels with drive-side brake, Morton’s Custom Exhaust, seat is Ostrich/Stingray.
"Tribal Fusion" was featured in the 2007 Star Calendar; it was recently photographed to be featured in an upcoming issue of Road Bike magazine. This bike took 2nd place (in it’s class) in the Daytona Beach Boardwalk Classic Bike Show. We know what you’re thinking. Is the Warrior a cruiser or a sportbike? The answer is yes.
Yes, that’s a pushrod, air-cooled, fuel injected, 102 cubic inch (1670cc) V-twin — that’ll blow your socks clean off.
And yes, that’s a lightweight aluminum frame with a 41mm inverted fork, monoblock brake calipers and sticky performance tires on three-spoke alloy wheels supporting this welterweight Road Star.
You’ll appreciate the Warrior’s superior power-to-weight ratio when you dump the clutch and that 200-section rear tire hooks up.
The 2004 Warrior sports revised rider and passenger foot peg location, new handlebar design and an all-new 2-piece seat that’s wider and flatter for increased rider and passenger comfort.
We’re talkin’ bout a revolution here. The sound and fury of the gnarliest twin we’ve ever built is housed in a vessel designed to stop and turn like a sportbike.
Can you guess why the Warrior was Motorcyclist Magazine’s Cruiser of the Year for `02? Simply put, "It stops and turns and soaks up the bumps better than anything else in cruiserdom."
Total performance. Total Warrior. Road Star Warrior.
- The industry standard for V-twin excellence features 102 cubic-inch (1670cc) displacement, pumping out incredible, asphalt-ripping low-rpm torque and acceleration!
- Air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 48° cylinders with pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case.
- Larger-bore cylinder features cylinder head with larger cooling fins, ceramic composite bore plating and a one-piece head cover (for greater rigidity around the rocker arm) to provide more efficient heat dissipation.
- 4-valve cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and more power at all RPM.
- Valvetrain includes intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during high-rpm performance and higher-lift cams for increased horsepower.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance needs.
- Pistons feature durable and lightweight forged construction to accommodate higher-RPM performance with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass.
- Rare earth flywheel magnet for faster-revving power delivery and increased high-RPM durability.
- Twin-bore fuel injection (FI) with throttle position sensor (TPS), aspirated by free-breathing twin air cleaner system, ensures optimal fuel delivery, great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range.
- State-of-the-art electronic control unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3-D digital CD ignition mapping for each cylinder.
- High-performance 2-into-1 exhaust system features stainless steel headers and a massive muffler that boosts horsepower while putting out a throaty V-twin growl.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission features close-ratio gearing for excellent roll-on performance at all RPM.
- Smooth, low-maintenance belt drive system has a narrow-design belt that reduces unsprung weight for improved rear suspension performance.
- Electric starting system features solenoid- activated auto-decompressor for easy starting.
- Specially designed, class-exclusive, aluminum double-cradle frame increases rigidity by 41% (over standard Road Star frame) and offers tremendous strength and durability with minimal flex.
- Aluminum swingarm, born from R1 heritage, offers superb rigidity.
- Highly ridged, R1-derived 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork with 5.3" of travel for exceptional sport-oriented performance.
- Beefy cast-aluminum top and bottom triple clamps help increase fork rigidity.
- Link-type, preload and rebound adjustable single rear shock delivers outstanding rear-wheel tracking for precise handling and plush ride quality.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes, born from R1 heritage, feature one-piece 4-piston calipers with fully floating rotors and 282mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper combine for incredible, supersport-spec stopping power.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum 3-spoke wheels wear low-profile, competition-spec 120/70-ZR18 front and an industry-largest 200/50-ZR17 rear radial for awesome, launching-off-the-line traction and cornering grip.
- Extra-long, 65.6" wheelbase and deep, plush saddle create long and low center of gravity, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Wide, swept-back, 1"-diameter, rubber-mounted handlebars are easy to reach and reduce vibration to minimize fatigue.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features lustrous paint and chrome accents (air cleaner, air scoop, mirrors and more) to create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Totally trick digital headlight-mounted tachometer, odometer and dual tripmeters with triple clamp-mounted analog speedometer.
- Trick, LED taillight provides excellent visibility and very sano look.
- Steel fenders combine timeless styling with sleek, aerodynamic profile.
- Extra-wide, 4.0-gallon fuel tank features low-fuel warning light and R1-type automatic tripmeter.
- Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt multireflector halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- Includes 12-hour clock.
|Model||Road Star Warrior®|
|Color||CUSTOM TRIBAL PAINT|
|Engine||102 cubic-inch, pushrod OHV, air-cooled, 48° V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||97 x 113mm|
|Fuel System||Twin-bore Electronic Fuel Injection, w/throttle position sensor|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4 gal.|
|Seat Height||28.1 in.|
|Transmission||5-speed, close-ratio, with multi-plate wet clutch|
|Brakes Front||Dual 298mm Discs|
|Brakes Rear||282mm Disc|
|Suspension Front||41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork, 5.3 in. travel|
|Suspension Rear||Single shock, link-type w/adjustable preload & rebound damping; 4.3 in. of travel|