The guys from BMS Chopers have a pretty creative imagination and the Got Rake Road Star is a solid proof for this statement.
The motorcycle features a fancy design with an extra long front fork and is propelled by a 102 cubic-inch air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV 48° twin engine.
The engine is mated on a five speed transmission and is brought to life by an Electric starting system which features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy starting. The 102 cubic inch unit is linked to a 2-into-2 exhaust system with dual pipes.
As far as suspensions are concerned the BMS Choppers Got Rake Road Star rides on a 43 mm Telescopic fork with adjustable preload (5.5 in. travel) and a rear link type single shock. (4.3 in. travel).
All its custom features and the capable engine, make this model a pretty unique bike. However, the BMS Choppers Got Rake Road Star doesn’t come cheap at all as it is priced at $125,000.00.
Hit the jump for more information on the BMS Choppers Got Rake Road Star.
BADDEST CHOPPER ON THE STREET
The Road Star Keeps Getting Better and Better
Are you ready for the 2005 Road Star? The Star Family’s bare-knuckled brawler is the epitome of modern-day V-twin muscle meeting legendary styling, making it a rolling work of art.
At the heart of the Road Star is the 102 cubic-inch air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV 48° twin engine that pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
Pushrod valve actuation
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts
- Mikuni 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor, electronic fuel and accelerator pumps, and heater
- High-strength final drive belt ... all contribute to Road Star’s exceptional performance throughout the rev range.
- Wide, touring rider seat and passenger seat
- Cast wheel option for tubeless tires
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes with 4-piston calipers and 320mm single disc rear brake ... for long range comfort and confidence.
And, if competition performance is your bag, the Road Star’s Speedstar Competition Accessories are the answer.
No Other Cruiser Does It So Elegantly
The Road Star’s classic beauty includes these features -
- Lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer
- Beefy, brushed-steel forks
- Sculpted steel fenders
- Shiny new laced wheels wearing whitewall tires are a classic custom touch on the the 2005 Pearl White/Raven model.
But remember, there are hundreds of Genuine Yamaha Accessories available to help you make your Road Star a unique, personal work of art.
The 2005 Road Star: Redefining the standard.
- 102 cubic-inch air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV 48° twin engine pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance. Black-painted engine with polished fins for aggressive appearance.
- Pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to the lack of a cam chain case.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance.
- Single Mikuni 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features electronic fuel and accelerator pumps, carburetor heater and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, greater throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance with low rpm at highway speeds.
- Heel-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
- Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures greater durability due to optimal heat dissipation.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
- 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
Chassis and Suspension
- Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32° rake.
- Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Telescopic 43mm preload adjustable front forks with stainless steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
- Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 4.3 inches of travel lowers center of gravity for excellent handling and plusher ride quality.
- Rear shock is tucked out of sight for a classic, hardtail look.
- Separate subframe positioned under deeply valanced rear fender allows easy customization with numerous accessible mounting points.
- Aluminum front brake and clutch levers are designed for a big, beefy feel.
- 16-inch cast wheels shod with tubeless tires, on the black cherry Road Star, for a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature 4-piston calipers (that come straight off the YZF-R1) with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Rear brake setup features 320mm single disc with single piston pin-slide type caliper for strong stopping power.
- Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Deeply valanced steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability.
- LED taillight is flush mounted on the rear fender for a custom look with LED bulbs that are brighter than conventional bulbs and draw less electrical current.
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Clear turn signal lens with amber bulbs and chrome rear turn signal stay give a custom look.
- Wide, swept-back, 1-inch-diameter, rubber-mounted handlebars are easy to reach and reduce vibration to minimize fatigue.
- Full-size floating-type rider floorboards with rubber inserts are roomy and comfortably positioned and help reduce vibration.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy dual underseat helmet holders.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- 12V 18AH maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
|Engine||102-cubic-in., air-cooled, pushrod OHV, 48° V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||97 X 113 mm|
|Fuel System||40mm Mikuni CV w/throttle position sensor|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||5.3 gal.|
|Ground Clearance||5.7 in.|
|Seat Height||27.9 in.|
|Brakes Front||Dual 298 mm discs|
|Brakes Rear||320 mm disc|
|Suspension Front||43 mm Telescopic fork with adjustable preload; 5.5 in. travel|
|Suspension Rear||Single shock, link-type; 4.3 in. travel|