- Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 75 @ 7300
- Torque @ RPM:
- 57 @ 5300
- Premium unleaded
- 798 cc
- Top Speed:
- 119 mph
The BMW F700GS is the direct successor of the old F 650 GS model. The motorcycle is propelled by a 75 hp 798 cc engine which helps it reach a maximum speed of 119 mph while fuel consumption is rated at 60 mpg, at a constant 55 mph speed.
The new 2013 BMW F700GS is offered with ABS as standard while ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) and ASC (traction control) are offered as an option. Compared to the old F 650 GS the new 700GS has a better riding position thanks to the reduced seat height and the lowering option.
The motorcycle has also received a new windshield, fresh dial faces, smoke-tinted turn indicators and LED rear lights. As far as colors go, the 2013 BMW F700GS is available in Red Apple Metallic, Ostra Grey metallic matt and dynamic Glacier Silver metallic.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 BMW F700GS.
Carefree motorcycling fun for everyone! With the F 700 GS – the direct successor to the F 650 GS. A shorter gear transmission ratio in the 75 bhp engine enhances agility while at the same time guaranteeing the bike’s familiar top-class handling. This makes the F 700 GS an ideal all-round machine within the GS family, suitable for every kind of rider – no matter how experienced.
What was good has just got better: with ABS as standard and ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment), not to mention ASC (traction control) as an option, the ride is not just safer but also offers especially high comfort. Low weight, reduced seat height and a lowering option make the F 700 GS a perfect all-round enduro bike.
GS feeling everywhere: the new design of the windshield and dial faces and the smoke-tinted turn indicators and LED rear light give the F 700 GS the grown-up look it deserves. The three colour variants offer something for everyone: muted Red Apple Metallic, masculine Ostra Grey metallic matt and dynamic Glacier Silver metallic.
As usual, there is once again a wide range of options and special accessories for the F 700 GS to allow you to tailor your BMW to your individual preferences.
That’s the new F 700 GS. The ultimate all-rounder.
Vario luggage system
- Black plastic cases and black plastic topcase.
- Bow-shaped bar for changing case capacity.
- Capacity of cases: Approx. 28-38 l (right), approx. 19-29 l (left).
- Capacity of topcase: Approx. 25-35 l.
- Maximum payload: 8 kg (per case), 5 kg (topcase).
- Recommended top speed with case(s) or topcase installed: 160 km/h.
- Liners for cases and topcase.
- Backrest pad for Vario topcase.
- Waterproof, high-functionality tank bag.
- Coated, washable surface material (sturdy nylon).
- Bottom is moulded EVA, shaped for a snug fit on the fuel tank and with a soft PU surface layer.
- Capacity: Approx.12 l, extendable to approx. 17 l.
- DIN A4 map compartment, waterproof, with insert for mobile phone, for example.
- 2 patch-type stowage compartments at sides, spray-proof.
- Carry handle.
- Optional: Vario insert for tank rucksack.
LED flashing turn indicators
- Attractive flashing turn indicators on stalks, with state-of-the-art LED technology.
- White turn indicator glass with 2 LEDs per turn indicator.
- Enhanced safety on the road, provided by virtually zero-wear LED lights.
- Considerable reduction in current drain.
Akrapovič sports silencer
- Slip-on silencer for throaty sound and great looks.
- Shell made of titanium, internals made of stainless steel.
- Silencer bracket and end cap carbon.
- Weight: approx. 2.5 kg (approx. 2.3 kg lighter than the standard part).
- Power and torque at the levels of the standard configuration.
- Approved for road use (EU General Operating Permit).
- Windscreen small, clear or tinted:
- Standard for the F 700 GS (clear).
- Windscreen large, clear or tinted:
- Standard for the F 800 GS (clear).
- All versions with scratch-resistant coating for permanent clear vision and long-term quality appearance.
Broader enduro footrests (NEW)
- Better grip and more control over the motorcycle when off-roading and when riding upright on the pegs.
- Material and shaping of the tread prevent the foot from slipping.
- Width of the tread: 5,0 cm (+ 0,9 cm vis-à-vis standard).
- Length of the tread: 8,4 cm (+ 0,3 cm vis-à-vis standard).
- Precision-cast highly alloyed special steel.
- Unhindered operation of gearshift and footbrake levers (no change in height of the footrests).
- Installation instructions on the service data DVD RSD (Repair and Service Data BMW Motorrad).
- Optional: Rubber insert for more comfort.
- Hand protector of modular design.
- Robust, bow-shaped aluminium bar, secured at both ends.
- Protectors (hand protector, small/large) and protector-mounted spoiler (for hand protector, large) can be mounted on the bars.
- Protectors and protector-mounted spoilers made of strong, impact-resistant polyamide plastic, black.
- Protects the headlight lens against flying stones when the motorcycle is used for off-roading.
- Snap-lock system for straightforward, speedy installation and removal.
- For off-roading only.
- Note: The colour of the bracket is black, not silver as illustrated here/as in the past.
|Engine Type||Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication|
|Bore x stroke||82 mm x 75.6 mm|
|Rated output||55 kW (75 hp) at 7,300 rpm|
|Max. torque||57 lb/ft (77Nm) at 5,300 rpm|
|Compression ratio||12.0 : 1|
|Mixture control / engine management||Electroinc intake pipe injection, digital engine management (BMS-K+)|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3|
|Maximum speed||119 mph|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h||60 mpg, at a constant 55 mph|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h||NA|
|Fuel type||Premium unleaded|
|Alternator||three-phase alternator 400 W|
|Battery||12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase|
|Drive||Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub|
|Frame||Tubular steel space frame|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Telescopic fork, Ø 41 mm|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable|
|Suspension travel front / rear||7.1/6.7 inches (180mm/170 mm)|
|Wheelbase||61.5 inches (1,562 mm)|
|Castor||3.7 inches (95 mm)|
|Steering head angle||64°|
|Wheels||Cast aluminium wheels|
|Tyres, front||110/80-19 59H|
|Tyres, rear||140/80-17 69H|
|Brake, front||Dual disc brake, diameter 300 mm, double-piston floating caliper, ABS|
|Brake, rear||Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper, ABS|
|Length||89.8 inches (2,280 mm)|
|Width (incl. mirrors)||35.0 inches (890 mm)|
|Height (excl. mirrors)||48.8 inches (1,240 mm) (Serial windshield)|
|Seat height, unladen weight||32.3 inches (820 mm) (low seat: 31.1 inches [790 mm], lowered suspension: 30.1 inches [765 mm], comfort seat: 32.9 inches [835 mm])|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1)||461 lbs (209 kg)|
|Dry weight 2)||410 lbs (186 kg)|
|Permitted total weight||961 lbs (436 kg); with lowered suspension 796 lbs (349 kg)|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||500 lbs (227 kg); with lowered suspension 309 lbs (140 kg)|
|Usable tank volume||4.2 gallons (16 liters)|
|Reserve||Approx. 1 gallon (4.0 liters)|
Cycleworld ---- "But big changes come in the form of available features. ABS with a twin-disc setup up front is now standard, and both Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) and Automatic Stability Control (ASC, BMW-speak for traction control) are optional on this bottom-of-the-line middleweight for the first time."
Asphaltandrubber ---- "Like all 2013 models, the 2012 BMW F700GS comes standard with anti-locking brakes (ABS), which will now operate on a dual-brake disc setup on the front wheel. Optional items include BMW’s Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) and Automatic Stability Control (ASC). Other revisions to the F-line GS bikes included a refined control cluster on the handlebars, revised dash, and a bevy of bodywork changes."
Totalmotorcycle ---- "GS feeling everywhere: the new design of the windshield and dial faces and the smoke-tinted turn indicators and LED rear light give the F 700 GS the grown-up look it deserves. The three colour variants offer something for everyone: muted Red Apple Metallic, masculine Ostra Grey metallic matt and dynamic Glacier Silver metallic."