- Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control
- 5-speed manual with reverse (SM5)
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 100 @ 7500
- Torque @ RPM:
- 80 @ 5000
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- 998 cc
Meet the Can-AM Spyder ST - a comfortable three-wheeler that offers ample storage (44 L), a big windscreen and a fairly comfortable riding position. You also get a lot of modern technologies borrowed from the automotive industry such as power steering, vehicle stability system, anti lock brakes and traction control.
In terms of power the Can-Am Spyder ST is packed with a 998cc Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled unit with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control. Fire up the engine and you’ll be assaulted by a maximum power of 100 hp (74.5 kW) achieved at 7500 RPM and a peak torque of 80 lb-ft. (108 Nm) at 5000 RPM.
The speed is kept in check by a set of front 270 mm discs with Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers and a rear single 270 mm disc with Brembo single-piston floating caliper.
Hit the jump for more information on the Can-Am Spyder ST.
Ample storage and wind protection with the ergonomics to handle tight corners and long rides.
A perfect blend of sport and touring, the Spyder ST combines ample storage and wind protection with the ergonomics to handle tight corners as easily as it handles long rides. Plus, it features automotive-inspired technologies like a Vehicle Stability System and a manual or semi-automatic transmission, giving it a smooth, confident ride.
Get comfortable taking the corners. The Spyder ST combines the performance you long for with the comfort and convenience you need. It’s stylish and street savvy, yet still highway hungry.
- 998cc Rotax V-Twin engine
- Vehicle Stability System
- 12 gallons (44 L) of storage
- Metallic silver front rims with twin-spokes
- Adjustable windshield with wind deflectors
- Adjustable passenger footboards
- Sport touring seat
- Multifunction color digital display
- Roadster electronic command center
- Anti-theft system: Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™)
- Compatible with the optional RT-622 trailer
- Stability Control System
- The stability control assesses your intended direction via the handlebar and determines the vehicle’s appropriate response. The system individually applies the brakes to the wheels and/or reduces excess engine torque until control is regained.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Sensors monitor the rotation of all three wheels. If any of the wheels is at risk of locking, ABS reduces brake pressure on it. This intervention repeats in rapid succession and can be performed independently on each wheel, allowing for maximum braking performance.
- Traction Control System
- Whenever the Traction Control System detects excessive rear wheel spin (e.g., in slippery conditions), it reduces engine torque by regulating engine ignition and fuel injection. This enables the roadster to accelerate with minimum corrective input from the rider.
- Sport-Touring Seat
- Firm and comfortable seat for handling tight corners as well as long-distance rides.
- Ample Storage
- Lockable front storage with 12 gallons (44 L) of watertight space and enough room for two helmets. Multi-Function Color Display Vivid, full-color digital screen allows easier access to vehicle information, such as speed, trip distance and RPMs.
- 15-in. Front Wheels with Low-Profile Tires
- Metallic Silver, twin-spoke wheels and low-profile tires with exclusive treads for a more striking look
- Wind Protection
- Adjustable windshield and removable wind deflectors that allow you to customize your wind protection to match the weather conditions.
|Engine Type||998cc Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control|
|Bore & stroke||3.82 x 2.68 in. (97 x 68 mm)|
|Max Power||100 hp (74.5 kW) @ 7500 RPM|
|Max Torque||80 lb-ft. (108 Nm) @ 5000 RPM|
|Transmissions||5-speed manual with reverse (SM5)|
|Front suspension||Double A-arm with anti-roll bar|
|Front suspension travel||5.9 in. (151 mm)|
|Rear suspension||Swing arm with monoshock|
|Rear suspension travel||6 in. (152 mm)|
|Brake type||Foot-operated, hydraulic 3-wheel brake|
|Front brake||270 mm discs with Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers|
|Rear brake||Single 270 mm disc with Brembo single-piston floating caliper|
|Front wheel||Metallic Silver six twin-spoke, 15 x 5 in. (381 x 127 mm)|
|Rear wheel||Metallic Silver, 15 x 7 in. (381 mm x 178 mm)|
|Wheel base||67 in. (1,711 mm)|
|Seat height||31 in. (737 mm)|
|Ground clearance||4.3 in. (110 mm)|
|Dry weight||864 lb (392 kg)|
|L x W x H||105 x 59.3 x 52.4 in. (2,667 x 1,506 x 1,332 mm)|
|Total storage capacity||12 gal (44 L)|
|Maximum vehicle load||440 lb (200 kg)|
|Fuel capacity||6.6 gal (25 L)|